What's Your Most Recent Best Shot Group?

rjinga

In order to play you need to post the date, distance, rifle, ammunition, shooting position, and whether you used iron sights or optics. And, of course, if you don't post a picture, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. :p

04-16-16; 25 meters; Century Arms C308; ZQ1 ammo; table rest; iron sights. (the squares are one inch)

Attachments

• My best group.jpg
    My best group.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 130

geetarman

Here is mine. This was an Anschutz MPR64 and Vortex 6-24 ffp at 24X
5 shots at 50 yards using Norma Match 22.

Attachments

• IMG_0736.JPG
    IMG_0736.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 116

98 220 swift

shot this sunday. Been trying to get my savage precision carbine to shot well. Been playing with a lot of different loads. first 2 through same hole. 3 in same hole. 4th in same hole. tried to hard and threw the 5th shot. Still not bad.

20160419_205101_zpsgmj6shrq.jpg

4 shots under .3" (kinda hard to measure)
5 shots right at .6"

.308 Win
win brass
46gr varget
168 gr smk
cci primers

Slamfire

I am currently having a great time shooting a BSA MKIII in Smallbore Prone Competition. This month I shot this set of targets in a match, prone with a sling at 100 yards. I am always ecstatic when I shoot a 100-10X, and I am getting closer to shooting a 200-20X at that distance. However, getting all shots in the X ring will prove to be more luck than anything else as these 22 LR bullets have all the ballistics of spit wads. A five mile an hour wind change will blow the bullet out of the X ring into the nine ring. Wind is what happened on the 100-8X target, wind changes blew the bullets to 9 OC and 3 OC. The ten ring is about 2" in diameter, the X ring just under an inch at this distance.

I have shot very good groups at 50 yards with this rifle, this 200-18X was last year.

This is a BSA MKIII, built from the early 60's to the 1970's. It is a heavy rifle with a long stock, about 13 3/4" pull, which works out very well for me. The triggers on these rifles are superb, and I love the Martini action. Rounds are ejected a country mile and you load the thing right near your face. My Anschutz 54 actions, I am stretched way, way out to get a round in the loading port, sometimes the rounds flip backwards and I have to break position to get that stupid round turned around. The Martini action, I press the round in the chamber making loading very positive and very fast in comparison. When I shot these groups, I waited for similar wind conditions and you could hear my rifle "clip-clopping" as I went full auto shooting as fast as I could before the wind changed. Sometimes, you can't shoot fast enough. That is all part of the fun in this sport.

David R

MPRirons.jpgI just realized its a semi auto forum. I saw a post from an MP R.

Here is my MP R group shot with Irons @ 50 yards

MPRirons.jpg

rickyrick

Been a while since I've shot.

I don't recall the particulars but it was 100yds. I believe it was American Eagle 55gr stuff.
24" 416R .223 Wylde 1/8 twist. Was just testing a build. Not that impressive, but I like the potential since I haven't spent much time with that upper yet.

Unfortunately I haven't been back out in several months.
a752a4f47fb79432e1ba79151ae92961.jpg
14f2a924971f1508fa8492e13549fc5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marine6680

Sure, why not... I'll play.

100yds using an AR I built for my fiancé, 10x SWFA scope, 77gr CBC (Black Hills 262 clone)

909017dd55c9caa67b65cb2e4e6539d0.jpg

RaySendero

458 Win Mag at 50 yards w/ iron sights.
2 shot group - 1/16 CTC:

458M798_092515_2Shots2loads.jpg

Key thing hear is they were 2 different bullets.
1 was a 450 gr Barnes solid
2 was a 450 gr Swift-A

Took me 3 years to get them to shoot to same POI and then to POA.

PS: Sorry guys - I didn't realize this was the semi-auto thread :eek:

Last edited:

TXAZ

Pic a bit fuzzy due to mirage, but 99 points at 1,000 yards.
99%20pts%20at%201000%20yards_zpsr2yetbps.jpg

1,000 yards, Barrett M107A1, 660grain XM33 Ammo, October 15, 2016, Steiner T5Xi optics.

Last edited:

dakota.potts

5 shots measuring .33 center to center at 50 yards the other week with my customized cz452 after bedding and trigger job. Shooting S&B 40gr subsonic

stagpanther

Just shot this about an hour ago--32 degrees, 30+ mph winds, 55 gr vmax, Nikon P223 3x scope out of my oldest AR "frankengun"--a core 15 5.56 upper (which I bought soon after they opened after the original bushmaster left Maine) with a sawed-off hogue tube rail. This has a chrome-lined barrel with many thousands of rounds down the tube--I'm not even sure how many. Not a GREAT group--but I'm still happy the gun can deliver. A sentimental journey if you will.:D

Wyosmith

This is the best group I ever shot in my life with irons.
It was 100 yards. Shot with my AR-15 in 6.8 SPC with the new sight I put on the rifle that morning. I had a 10 shot mag. My friend Bob Ellis was spotting for me.

I fired the 1st round and it was about 1 foot low and to the right. Off the paper. He told me to bring it up "a turn" and left "a turn". I then fired the next 5 rounds adjusting the sight each time as Bob told me, until the 6th round touched the corner of the square. (I later wrote "sighter" next to that hole)

Bob said "Take it up one click and left one click and shoot me a group."

I fired the last 4 rounds as carefully as I could this is what I got.

As a full time gunsmith I shoot several times a week and work on guns for a living. So I have shot a lot of good groups in my life, but this one is the prize winner for me.
I'd have felt very good about shooting this one if I'd used a scope, but with irons I was elated, so I cut it out and kept it.

stagpanther

Although I've shot a few groups a bit smaller than this one;

This is one of my favorites--because it came out of this Savage Axis 308 that I bought at walmart for $275.

stagpanther

Damn Wyo! that's it, I'm quitting shooting--I couldn't even see a target at 100 yds unaided--let alone group like that!:eek:

rickyrick

Most of my best groups happened before we had a cameras available to us at all times.
I was more serious about shooting groups back then, and most of them got a smile and a feel good moment, then tape over the holes or toss the target.

I'm more relaxed now, but also not as good as I once was.

Wyosmith

Well keep in mind that was my very best. It was also about 12 years ago, when I still had 20/10 vision.
Now days I can't read a new paper without bright light and glasses

3 weeks ago
Tikka T3x CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor
Burris Veracity 4-20x50 scope
Bipod front, bag rear, off the bench.
Ammo was factory Hornady 120gr AMAX
This was the first, and only so far, time I had this rifle at the range for initial sight in and group testing. It's definitely a keeper!

Last edited: