What's your least favorite over-done thread?

Which is your least favorite over-done thread?

• Best lube thread

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Best caliber thread

Votes: 37 36.3%
  • If you could only own X number of guns . . .

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • Which gun should I buy?

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rickyrick

I dislike the "use the search feature" response

It's a discussion forum, and it would soon go away if everyone used the search function.

Repeated questions are another chance to answer slightly

Ozzieman

I dislike the "use the search feature" response
I agree that in some cases it’s not a good response but when the question is like “what is the best 9mm”.:confused:
The search feature should be a first look.

rickyrick

True, I like subjects with as much chatter as I can find, i search first then ask if I haven't found satisfactory information

Tenguns

Aw man...you party poopers! I enjoy most of those threads from time to time. I did vote for the caliber thread however.

MattShlock

Love Hate Relationships

I LOVE the "if I could only own x number..." threads. Ther're a few different topics within the genre itself with so many individual perspectives, insights, ingenuity and logic, sentiment, and passion. There should be a "If I Could Have Only X..." forum on TFL Forums!

Hate the "best lube" stuff especially re: blackpowder (talk about pretentious a wholes), weirdos pushing obscure wildcat or sporterized milsurp antique chamberings, and in-denial-yet-transparently-cheap clowns defending (at the other end of the spectrum literally selling) I-don't-care-which Soviet milsurp as "the best" anything.

Last edited:

saf11

I love all these threads...keep them coming. Isn't that what a forum is for? I like to see other people's opinions...:)

I agree with others if you don't like it don't click on it.
I go through phases where I don't want to mess with these threads. Other times I feel I can ad a bit to them. The search function here doesn't work all that well, so I can't totally blame the OP for the repetitiveness. I also often find some new tidbit of information that checks out in such threads I do open.

Once and a while I search on threads I started and look back at a few early ones. Man did I ask some real whoppers for the first six years and nine months I joined here. In the last couple of weeks I've really started to feel like I've got it all under control though.