What's Your Favorite Everyday Knife?

DougB

I bought a Kershaw Whirlwind for about $55 last fall. It has spring assisted cam opening - which means it is about a close to being a switchblade as you can legally carry. It looks like a typical lock blade knife with a pocket clip and a nub on the blade for opening. The big difference is - when you start to push it open, all you have to do is get it started (maybe 1/6 open) and the spring takes over and flips it fully open. Its great fun. When I first got it, I could hardly stop playing with it (about drove my wife crazy for a few days). Anyway, it is a very solid, well-designed, well-made knife that can be very quickly and easily opened with one hand. If you try one, be careful not to let your thumb leave the handle when you flip it open or you could cut yourself. It feels a little dangerous at first, but after you practic a little, it becomes very natural. I really like this knife. There are more expensive versions and a few other variations. All are nice, but I think the basic whirlwind is a great buy.

Doug

griz

I've been carring a little no-name folder for about 10 years. It looks like a two inch version of the Buck Squire mentioned earlier. It was a factory over run or some such, made by Case I think. It's nothing fancy but fits in my pocket well, holds an edge OK, and I would miss it if I lost it.

David Scott

Columbia River M16-13Z.

CRM16-13Z.jpg

bj426

My Benchmade is always with me for big jobs and protection..... smooth .... sturdy.... fast and holds a great edge.... but for the money.... it better!

but my leatherman micra is also in my pocket and gets used continually througout the day.... certainly an invaluable tool.... I recently lost mine having had it since production started on them.... I couldn't go one day without replacing it... I'd recomend anyone consider getting one if they don't have one.... small enough to be a keychain... but versitile enough to repair/fix/dissasemble/tune anything throughout the day.

ckurts

Always have a Leatherman Micra as a keychain fob. Usually carry a CRKT M16-02Z or KISS folder. Occasionally a Leatherman PST.

cobraman

Same as David Scott. Sometimes I carry a CRKT Neck Peck but I lost the sheath recently. I know its in my G/F's aparment I just dont no where.
I used to work at a store that sold CRKT knives. When you pay dealer cost they are an even better deal!

blades67

Benchmade Mel Pardue AutoBlade and 940 Osborn Axis Lock. I also have my Leatherman Wave on me almost all the time.

Jhp147

Good knife, eh?

I bought an SOG Access Card on a whim, 32 bucks or so. Figured I'd play with it a bit and sell it for 10 or 15 bucks on the net when I got tired of it. It has a clip so it can be used as a money clip, I guess, but they sort of imply it can be carried in a wallet. Won't fit there, but in my off side pocket it is great. Very thin, good general use blade shape, easy one-hand opening, and a much more comfortable handle than the Spyderco credit card style folder. This one is a keeper. It won't cut me out of a crashed helo or cut through giant manila cords in a single swipe, but I don't encounter many of either.

navaho

Sypderco Delica, serrated blade

My wife carries the same knife, except hers is the
left-handed version.

SarcasmGuy

Benchmade AFCK........had it (among many others) for two years..........use it EVERY day.........it's still going strong.......best ergonomics out there.

Pretty sure I'll have a nervous breakdown if I ever lose it ;).

skevlar

If CCW then it's an Emerson Commander. Otherwise very partial to a MicroTech Socom M/A or EDI Genesis 1. {the thumb-studs on the EDI could be a little bigger though}

LMo

My everyday knife is a Sebenza. Excellent knife that holds an edge well. It's easy to re-sharpen & take apart for cleaning. The lock is incredibly beefy.

I used to have an AFCK for 5 years until the liner lock failed. That's when I decided to get the Sebenza.