What's Your Favorite Everyday Knife?

IanS

I lost my Spyderco Delica :( a few weeks ago. So I upgraded to a Benchmade Mel Pardue with the Axis lock :D. This one looks like a real keeper, smooth action, strong, and it closes well with one hand. Hope I hold onto this one for a long time.

So whats your favorite everyday duty knife?

PJR

Depends on the day:

Spyderco Calypso while wearing a suit,
Spyderco Military if wearing jeans,
Custom skinning knife while hunting,
Leatherman Wave on the belt while shooting

Do have other knives but these are the main ones.

Captain

I carry two Benchmade 970s with the Black T finish. One in each front pocket just in case the strong hand is occupied when I need one!

Cat

I am not a knife fighter.
I've carried a Buck 501 "Squire" for 25 years now. It's always in my pocket. Even at weddings and funerals.

Neil Casper

Right now it is a Buck 110 converted to automatic by Cumberland Mountain. I have been carrying a Spyderco Endura for the last couple years and really like it. I am starting to look into Cold Steel. Their claims of strength interest me. I know all about using the right tool for the job and all that, but sometimes something comes up that needs done and all you have is a knife. I snapped the tip off a Spyderco. I watched a tape of guys bending Cold Steels in vises, hanging from them etc.

Coronach

REKAT Carnivour

The M-1 tank of the knife world. The knife's sister, the Hobbit, is the A-10 of the knife world. REKAT builds them tough.

Mike

Swiss Army Champion (the older one without the pliers). Been to Europe three times with me, to China once and across this continent about half a dozen times.

tatters

You guys are more high speed than me when it comes to knives.
I work for a Cat dealer, and they have their own Cat branded knife collection.

I carry a cheapo 2" to open boxes with, and I sometimes carry a bigger version with a clip.
Nice looking and functional for me.

Hard Ball

An Emerson Commander folder for routine carry. A stag handled Randall Number One when hunting or camping. Both are excellent knives.

Kernel

0-4603.jpg

My "always" knife is a Victorinox Tinker Swiss Army Knife. I've carried one daily for 20 years, it's like a Craftsman 88pc toolset that fits unobtrusively in your pocket. My favorite sheath knife is the Schrade Sharpfinger with stainless Schrade+ blade. From Bluegill, to rabbit, to deer the Sharpfinger does them all with grace and ease. -- Kernel

BobCA

Spyderco Native. Very handy. Great size, shape, weight, and price. Most importantly, I won't cry if something happens to it like my old Benchmade AFCK.

darogue1

Emerson CQC-7 tanto point chisel blade single side grind Black T finish

[Edited by darogue1 on 03-12-2001 at 11:24 PM]