What's the marque revolver to make the heads turn at the range..........

clayking

I want the head-turner. That revolver that is the ultimate in quality, looks and accuracy. The revolver that you are dang proud to own. The revolver that you shoot also, not just look at. Not to carry, not even to compete, just to shoot, but one that others wish they owned. Is it the Colt Python? Is it a Smith? What you think? I think I want to buy a beaut in order to reward myself for not punching out my boss today......:cool: .....................ck

BobGnKY

Hmmm ... The two that are the biggest head turners at the range when I shoot are my Python and my SBH's.

Python's bark usually gets people asking "What kind of cannon is that?"

SBH's size/looks usually turns as many heads as it's bark.

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
How about an automatic revolver?

There were some Matebas produced within the past few years.

If you REALLY want to turn heads, search out a Webley-Fosbury - - In any caliber. I think the .455 was most "common." :D

Best,
Johnny

skeeter1

I'm not one to show off..

... but if that's what you want to do, get a S&W Performance Center model, 627 in .357 Magnum or 629 in .44 Magnum. Take your time and polish it up with a Dremel tool and some Simichrome polish. If you do a good job of polishing it, the stainless steel ends up looking more like nickle-plate. I know I'd be drooling at the sight of a polished-up 627. Be aware that (if you can find one) they're not exactly cheap (~$1200).

Hal

What's the marque revolver to make the heads turn at the range..........
The one that the shooter is making the most hits with and/or the smallest groups of multiple shots in the target with.

*shrug*
I couldn't care less about what someone else is shooting. It's how they shoot it that makes me take note.

By the same token,,,,someone with a top end revolver, shooting it with "jaw dropping" precision,, is a thing of sheer beauty to watch.
The only thing that tickles me more than seeing someone with a beat up old revolver outshoot people with the most expensive gun they can possibly find,,,,is the reverse....
Seeing someone with a top end revolver shooting it like it was meant to be shot.

Since you plan on shooting it... I'll jump to the conclusion you're going to get proficient with it.. (good on ya)

My "nomination" for attention getter is a genuine Colt SAA w/a set of Boone Trading Company ivory stocks.

anything big loud shiney & custom...

of which I have several... but the one gun, that always draws a croud of people not quite sure if they want to shoot it or not, is my Automag 5, with a few extras... with the built in compensator, it was the biggest loudest cannon on the block for a long time ( until the release of this latest crop of huge magnums anyway )

HSMITH

99% of shooters are revolver ignorant, and only see an 'antique' 'obsolete' handgun regardless of what it is.

They do 'get it' when you light off a 454, noise and flash brings some of the cool factor back for some reason. Shiny is good too in this day of stainless steel.

Hunter Customs

This one seems to be a crowd pleaser.
Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

MVC-001F9-17-06.JPG

AmesJainchill

I couldn't care less about what someone else is shooting. It's how they shoot it that makes me take note.

I agree. If they're shooting quarter-sized groups, I don't care what they're shooting, that's impressive.

Phxdog

A big shiny Colt Python. I wish I owned one. Even better if the guy could hit what he was aiming at.

Come to think of it . . . how about a lady with a big shiny Colt Python who can hit what she's aiming at?

Hammer It

Picking the correct revolver can be a chalenge

Hello
Great thread here Clayking..It is impossible to nail down just one, but If Loud & Flashy draws attention, I would choose my Nickel model 57 loaded stout with H-110 Powder. If big Brawny, and seldom seen is the object, I would pick my 647 in 17 HMR made for Two short years 20025-2003. If unsurpassed quality and old School Deep Bluing are considered I would pick my Outdoorsman from 1936, wearing it's period correct Custom Walter Roper Grips. Hammer It.
391224.JPG

DSCF6938.jpg

DSCF6509.jpg