Whats the longest shot you"ve taken with a 308 while hunting

moosemike

Longest shot made was a Pronghorn at 250 yards. Longest shot taken was a Pronghorn at 400 yards. Shot went just low.

mt_dren

mitchell koster

I believe et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos = And you shall know the truth: and the truth shall make you free.

mt_dren

Mobuck

A little over 400 yards on a coyote. Dead calm, 165 BTSP, 4-16x 40 set on 8x, standing broadside, Mauser action w/Parker Hale milsurp target barrel dropped in it's tracks w/o a quiver-must have been a spine shot.

Head-Space

Hunting people count? 600 yds plus, Army M-14, issue ammo, iron sights. Silhouette targets on a military range, set out beyond the standard 500 yds. Ft. Hood, TX, circa 1968.

bamaranger

whitetail

Took a shot seated, braced against a fencepost, connected at 225 long paces, on a 5pt meat buck.

Thanksgiving AM, early 90's, Win M88 and factory old style WW 180 gr Silvertips.

bamaranger

Oh yeah

Win 88 was an heirloom from my grandad. The fixed 4x on the rifle was put on as a Christmas gift from my Dad when I was 13.

UpandAtIt

275 yards with a .308 out of a Savage Model 99 take down. Shot at and hit (one shot kill) a Caribu in Saskatchewan just North of Prince Albert. This was in 1988. scope was a Bushnell 3x9.

phil mcwilliam

2 shots, the first being a sighter. Sako 308, Leupold 3-9 x 40, cranked up to 9x. Second shot aimed about a telegraph pole high dropped a goat in its tracks a shade over 900 yards. Wouldnt try the shot on a deer, but goats are pests in this area and have to be culled. My mate witnessed this and said he wished he hadnt as he'd know I would be talking about it for years.
Longest shot I take these days with the 308 is around 300 to 350 yards.

Kreyzhorse

Made a shot between 200 and 225 yards on a pronghorn.

I was using a custom made .308 using a Herter's action. That gun is freakin' scary accurate.

SmokyBaer

Using a 165gr Federal Premium in my SSG, I dropped a nice whitetail 420 steps across a bean field. Cross hairs on the back and hit almost too low in the boiler room but flipped it backwards for meat on the table. :D

Legionnaire

While I've shot steel out to 900 yards, longest .308 shot on game (whitetail) was just over 120 yards. Remington Model Seven, Leupold 2-7X compact, 150 grain Remington Core-Lokts, wooded hills of Pennsylvania.

EMN89

My longest shot was a ground hog at 275 yards with a browning A-bolt I hit it just under the jaw in the center of the neck.