What's the cheapest .22 LR currently made?

MSD Mike

I know you asked about new but used seems like the way to go. Several years ago I a picked up a Springfield branded single shot from the 1940’s for under $50. It’s can busting accurate with any ammo. It had the added bonus of giving me something cheap to practice refinishing a stock on. Came out nice.

Mike

Picher

When I was a teenager, I pretty-much wore out a Rem 513(?) single-shot that was my brother's. I'd buy 10 boxes at a time of cheap .22 Shorts on-sale at Sears and they eroded the chamber ahead of the case-mouth, so Long-Rifle shells wouldn't eject after a while. I finally got a new Rem pump with a tubular magazine and shot the heck out of that too.

stinkeypete

Overall cheapest: the Marlin Model 60 followed by the Ruger 10/22. Shoot for years, enjoy, sell for more than you paid for it.

snoeproe

Overall cheapest: the Marlin Model 60 followed by the Ruger 10/22. Shoot for years, enjoy, sell for more than you paid for it.

Marlin model 60 has been out of production for some time now.
If I walked into my local dealer today, the cheapest 22 would be a savage rascal or a keystone cricket.

Picher

The problem is soft barrel steel that causes chambers to be belled if too many Shorts are fired in it. Then, the longer shells won't extract. Been there!