What's the best "out of the box" semi-automatic pistol you've owned?

JDBerg

The best "out of the box" semi-autopistol I've owned has to be my Walther PPS M2 9mm. Even though I've bought two extra 8rd. mags for it, the original 6 & 7 round mags worked great, and it works with every holster I've tried with it. This gun shoots great, and I like the trigger & sights a lot. Wouldn't change a thing:eek:

Your Turn:)

TunnelRat

How are we determining "best"? Reliability, ease of accuracy, etc.? I'm not trying to be a pain I've just owned a lot of pistols so choosing a best isn't easy.

JDBerg

How are we determining "best"? Reliability, ease of accuracy, etc.? I'm not trying to be a pain I've just owned a lot of pistols so choosing a best isn't easy.

No Pain, Lets Say it's a gun or guns that have been reliable, that serves its intended purpose well, and that hasn't been repaired or modified since you got it, get it?

TunnelRat

Okay. That's frankly a lot of pistols then lol. But if I had to narrow it down I'd go Glock 19, HK P2000, and HK 45c. I really like the 45c. I think I've had 2 malfunctions in 2500 rds and it's just a hoot to shoot.

Ibmikey

The most trouble free ( just does not have malfunctions) best handling pistol I have is a 1911a1 Remington Rand received from DCM in 1963. Second is a FN Belgian army first year issue 1935 Tangent/sloted High Power.

RickB

I haven't bought a lot of new guns, and very few of those didn't "need" some sort of modification, but the stock-est gun I own is probably my Browning Hi-Power.
Other than installing some nice wood grips, and blacking-out the white dots on the rear sight, it's box stock.
HPs are not known for having great triggers, but mine is better any other stock gun I've handled; better than a buddy's gun that has had a trigger job.

Cheapshooter

Lets Say it's a gun or guns that have been reliable, that serves its intended purpose well, and that hasn't been repaired or modified since you got it
Following that criteria I can't single out one particular gun. Discounting used guns because you stated out of the box I can think of seven right now that were trouble free from the beginning, and still are. All from different manufacturers. Bretta, Browning, Glock, Hi-Point, Kahr, Ruger, and Springfield Armory.
All have given adequate accuracy for their intended purpose. Some exceptional accuracy. From target shooting to CCW, to hunting, all have met their intended purpise.
I would say the most surprising was the Hi-Point. A 9MM bought to just see if they could possibly be as bad as the haters say. Not only is it 100% reliable, it is one of the most accurate 9MM handguns I have. Easy, and fun to shoot it fits the role of range blaster perfictly.

dgludwig

In terms of reliability (arguably the most important asset of a gun intended for use in self-defense), my SIGs (Models 220,226 and 227) and CZ 85 have been flawless. But, in terms of the sheer number of shots fired over the years, my vote goes to pistols that have been proven to me to be as reliable as the sun rising in the east: Smith & Wesson Models 6906 and 4006 (the "Third Generation" variants that I own).

TBT

Several 1911s/P226/G19/M&P9/P-07...

I've never really ran a gun extensively that didn't work without issues. I count myself lucky I guess.

dahermit

My Browning High Power is the most reliable auto I have ever owned. Never needed anything done to it, 100% function since purchased at least ten years ago. I did add Pachmayr grips for feel and a commander style hammer for aesthetics.

browninghp.jpg