What's the best "out of the box" semi-automatic pistol you've owned?

Road_Clam

Only one out of my 4 semi's deserves the top honors as far as undeniable flawless functioning no matter what ammo I throw at it, and also top honors in fit, finish and overall quality completely box stock :

FNX 45T

A close second is my Beretta 92FS , but my Beretta's trigger is tough and has a long pull, the FNX's trigger is a perfect balance of crisp and pull weight.

My G35 Glock also cycles flawlessly, but I just don't like the way it recoils (snappy). I get trigger slap on my finger, and racking the slide takes a very tight finger/thumb pinch to not slip.

SIGSHR

1.High Standard Victor-it's the pistol I learned to shoot with.
2. S&EW M639-mine came with a VERY smooth trigger.

Prof Young

Best is a relative term . . .

But given that, I'd say my Beretta 92fs was the most easy to shoot well right out of the box 9mm I've ever shot. I've owned about half a dozen different 9mms. Lotta good ones out there.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Road_Clam

So what's the takeaway from reading 225+ posts in regards to the "best" semi handgun ? Only YOU can decide which gun is "best". We can only offer individualized opinionated pro's and con's. This is where gun club membership is awesome, I've test fired literally every configuration of handgun and rifle out there and that is a huge advantage in contemplating a purchase.

saleen322

No Pain, Lets Say it's a gun or guns that have been reliable, that serves its intended purpose well, and that hasn't been repaired or modified since you got it, get it?

After going back to the beginning and reading the above, I set the bar lower and will get on the Beretta 92 bandwagon. Because I trained LE for so many years, my opinion of Glock is a little tainted and since this is the semiautomatic forum, revolvers are looked past. The Beretta is accurate, safely shoots about everything--including cast bullets, is very reliable, and is a natural pointer. I am sure there are others that would make the list as well. YMMV

Have a number of great semi-autos, but have to say both of my Pico's are on the way to being the most reliable. Thousands of rounds down range without any hiccups. Ruger LC9s has also been very reliable. It did not like the Freedom Munitions Steel ammo I tried, but shoots just about any thing else.

batmann

I have four on my list.
1-Glock 22, simple, 100% reliable and parts and mags everywhere.
2-Walther PPS M9, simple and also 100% reliable.
3-S&W M&P .22 Compact. It has been 100% reliable with any kind of 22LR it’s fed.
4-Kimber Micro 9. 100% reliable with various 9mm rounds.
This is my list and I might add, if it’s NOT reliable, I don’t keep it.