Whats the best looking sixgun of all time?

nate45

My choices weren't based on the durability of the aforementioned revolvers, but those I found most aesthetically pleasing to my eye. Being that all three are rugged is purely coincidental.

Quite right,quite right they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

For example some people may like this Rembrant
night-watch-rembrandt.jpg

While others may prefer this Artist unknown
bpic.jpg

For overall appearance & good looks, I think the Python wins.
That is just a perfect example of how subjective looks can be...

I will be the first one to stand up and say that I think Colt Pythons are hideous guns. The are bulky, over done, and ostentatious...and this is a guy that loves polished chrome and pearl grips. :D

Tortuga12

Trooper MkIII

I'm quite partial to them, very elegant lines, and the nicest blue job I've ever come in contact with!

nate45

Colt Trooper Mk III

It was the first pistol I ever had 4in blue and the action was smoother than subsequent Pythons I had.

I still regret trading it off.

MPanova

I know I am the odd man out here but, My vote goes to the Taurus Raging Bull series.. not being a revolver person myself but I love the way the Raging Bulls look

416SS6.jpg

nate45

I know I am the odd man out here but, My vote goes to the Taurus Raging Bull series.. not being a revolver person myself but I love the way the Raging Bulls look

I had one in .454 Casull it did indeed rage.

BikerRN

As far as "most pleasing to the eye" I just opened up my safe and took a look at my N-Frame and my SAA.

It's not even close, my SAA is the most pleasing without a doubt! Second on my list would be the Python, followed by the fixed sight N-Frame.

Biker

asianthug

S&W performance revolvers

Model 460 Magnum Hunter Revolver, 14" and the 500 magnum.

Attachments

• 460 magnum SW.jpg
    460 magnum SW.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 90

Shaun

Before 1900......flame away, but the Colt SAA is so ubiquitious it bores me, so.....

Remington 1875 Single Action and Colt 1877 Lightning for Double Action

Since 1900.....I agree the N-Frame Smiths take the cake for Double Actions Especially the Early Pre-27s with a short 3.5" bbl......mmmm

For modern single actions id go with a Freedom Arms big bore for making me drool and my back leg shake and all that.

Shaun

maybe "bore" was the wrong word, but if i see a SAA in the case i just glance at them and move on. I am interested in buying a "new" single action cowboy style pistol, and low on that list is the original SAA. (I do like the Bisley Single Actions though) I'm not saying i wouldnt ever own one, but other guns draw my attention. I appreciate the beauty and lines of the 1873 i just think guns are more interesting, more character. I also think anyone who puts ketchup on a hotdog should be shot dead on the spot........but much like this thread, THAT is my opinion.