What's the best 45 for concealment?

SVTCobra306

XD-M 3.8 compact in .45 ACP. Capacity is 9+1, and unless common core changed it already, that adds up to a capacity of 10 rounds :)

FWIW, the XD-M is not a heck of a lot harder to conceal than the XD-S. I have both and carry both.. I carry the S if I am going to move around more, it is considerably lighter and less prone to printing, but if it's just a normal day in the city I carry the XD-M without trouble. I do have to dress around it a touch, mostly wearing XXL shirts instead of XL.

mitranoc

Before I got my 30s I had an XDS 45. The XDS concealed exceptionally well, but I just couldn't stand the trigger on it. I even tried the Powder River spring kit and it made 0% difference. I am extremely please with the 30s.

Dave T

I have found the 30SF is very easy to conceal.

Given your requirement of "nothing under 10 rounds" you seem to have already found the answer to your question. For better responses please explain your question a little better.

Dave

proxfuse

I have and have carried both a Glock 30S and an XDS 45 IWB at around 4 o'clock. Both are great pistols but the XDS is the only one I can carry under a polo shirt without printing so it's what I carry in the summer. The 30S fits your criteria perfectly and if you wear a really loose fitting shirt could be concealed under summer wear. For me, I carry it only in cooler months.

ms6852

I carry the 1911 its a proven design, slim, and reliable. I carry the Springfield GI champion which has the 4" barrel and in winter time I carry the Springfield Loaded with target sights.

sigpro2340

I carry the Kimber Ultra Raptor 1911 when I need a .45 that is thin, lightweight and has the knockdown power required for a close range, self -defense pistol.

Grant D

I have found that when I use my Galco Kingtuk IWB holster, I can carry anything from a three inch, to a five inch 1911 with no problems.

Marty8613

I conceal this 10+1 just fine. Witness .45 with 4.5", Also available in 3.6".

Attached is target, no good gun pic on my phone :/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404833533.382165.jpg

Lower right
Compare to
Bersa 380 - upper left
PX4 - upper right
PT840C - lower left

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404833647.940031.jpg

Last edited:

throttleup

Carry .45

Kimber .45 Compact CDP II in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster. A light weight Officer's frame with a 4" Commander slide and barrel. Ideal combination; accurate, powerful, flat and comfortable.

SDF880

I too would vote for the G30.

I know you said 10 rounds but when I carry the 30 I also carry a Kahr PM-45 (5+1) and a 7 round extended mag. I really like the 30 but the PM45 is even smaller and lighter and very easy to carry.

rbjohnson

G30SF/G30S

I am seriously considering dumping my G30SF for a 30S. The 30S is much more lighter about 3 or 4 ounces and thinner to carry (top slide). My findings are in gun shops, too many used 30SF's and too little 30S's, very popular. There is a noticeable carry difference. Feedback?

Dumped today for a 30S and what a difference in holding, shooting and carrying. 3 / 4 ounces does make a huge difference. The thinner slide makes it much more comfortable in carrying. Next move is from my outside holster to a good IWB holster. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

WildBill45

Not a big difference between 30 and 30s but a difference nonetheless! Depends on your needs and choice or excuse to get a new toy!:D

DannyB1954

A friend of mine carries a Taurus pt145. He says it never malfunctions.
It is compact and holds 10 + 1.

Just looked, no longer imported, but you can still find them.