What's the best 45 for concealment?

Sarge

I had a PT 145 for a while myself. They are a very concealable 45. Mine shipped
with a magazine that would not accept a .45 ACP round but once that was sorted out, it ran and shot okay. I'll admit that I ditched it on brand prejudice, 'before something went wrong'.

Uncle Malice

One that I haven't seen mentioned here that is really a direct competitor with the G30, is the XDM 45 Compact. I had mostly forgotten about them, but I went and handled one yesterday. Much more comfortable to me than the G30...

I went ahead and ordered one in black and stainless.

9+1 for the flat magazine. 13+1 with the extended.

GEARHEAD_ENG

I was going to suggest Kahr CW45 6+1 or CT45 7+1 but thats under your min capacity.

Both 1.01" thick making it over a1/4" thinner than a Glock 30S

Armybrat

Ruger SR45 (10+1) slim grip, like a single stack

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr45/specSheets/3801.html

3801.jpg

Zebulon

I don't believe its the pistol at all. I'm convinced it's the method of carry. I can hide nearly everything with the right holster. I carry everything from a Sig 239 to a S&W 4566 IWB and I'm 5'10" and 230 lbs in complete comfort. Don't think the answer is the gun....then you have two issues to resolve instead of one. Find a pistol you can use effectively and ask around about how folks carry it......Zebulon

DannyB1954

Some areas of the country get quite warm in the summer. I live about 50 miles from Death Valley, so wearing a sport jacket to hide a full size weapon would defiantly make me stand out from the crowd, (I would be the one covered in sweat).
Most SD gun battles usually end in less than 6 shots. Sure there are exceptions, but then do you really want to wear a bandolier to work?

tomrkba

The SIG P220 Compact, XD 45 Compact and S&W M&P 45 Compact have heights and lengths similar to that of the Glock 19. The Glock 19 is very concealable. Of the guns listed, only the XD 45 Compact has a magazine capacity of 10.

tomrkba

The problem with the G30 is the thickness of the grip and slide. The G30S solves the slide problem, but cannot get past the grip thickness. I like the G30, but the other guns carry better.

That GlockTalk thread was neat.