Whatcha going to buy with your 600 dollars?

Voyager AL

I cant wait till may, when the Government sends us all the 600 dollar "mad money". i am starting already to figure out which revolver i'll buy...

Beansie_Time

Did i miss something? $600?

Edit: Sorry I have been at the hospital for the past week (new baby was born). and didnt catch this on the news yet.

Last edited:

Voyager AL

Its on the news. The US Gov is sending anyone who makes under 75K a year, a 600 dollar gift, to stir the economy. 1200 dollars for a family, with under 150k a year. I had heard awhile ago that it was gonna be 800, but its down to 6 now...

22-rimfire

May be true if the Senate passes it.

BUT, if it is like the last one. The money was essentially and advance on a tax refund that may or may not be applicable. (As I recall.)

Regardless, I'll put it to good use. Won't be on a gun though.

DMK

I thought it was down to $300 now?

Anyway, my last two guns were revolvers (SP101 and Vaquero), my next one's going to be an auto. Most likely a Kahr T40, K40 or a 1911 Commander.

RJM

I am going to buy a 6 month CD so I can get it out when the government comes calling for my 600 bucks back the next tax season. Its no gift, it wasn't the last time.

Dave85

Option 1: Ammo and spare mags.
Option 2: Pay my taxes with it.

As I am self employed, I will probably, as usual, have little choice but to go with option 2.

Not that I'm bitter.:barf:

Peter M. Eick

Toss it in the bank just to spite the guys who gave it back. Remember this is your tax money they are giving back to you. It's not like its a gift or something.

If I were to spend it, I would use it to pay down the house note since I don't carry any other debt.

Whatcha going to buy with your 600 dollars?

Since it's proposed that we'll get $1200, I'm going to be the bastard child and stir up the pot....probably going to stick it into a Roth IRA or the like and let it grow for 30 years...

DMK

For those who have no idea what this is about:

The proposal would give checks up to $600 to individuals, and married couples could get up to $1,200, plus $300 per child, with no limit on the number of children eligible. People with an adjusted gross income of $75,000 or couples who make $150,000 would get less, depending on how much higher their income is above these thresholds.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200801/NAT20080125b.html

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080125/pl_nm/usa_economy_stimulus_bush_dc_3