What Wild Game Are You Eating Today?

Adventurer 2

Post Pics:
DuckandSausageGumbo.jpg

Duck and sausage gumbo over rice - nice.

Christchild

Adventurer.........I gotta bone ta pick witchoo!!! :D

Ya hurtin' me wit da Gumbo... The only Gumbo I've made lately was a Shrimp, Chicken and Andouille (Andouille is pronounced...Ahn-Doo-Wee... or some may pronounce it...Awn-Doo-Wee), last week, and I have it over plain potatoe salad. I'll make rice with it, but it's usually just Gumbo and 'Tater Salad.

So, unless Gulf Shrimp qualifies as "Wild Game", I have yet to enjoy the best protein source yet this year...

That looks like alot of Tomatoes for a Gumbo, but it suuure looks tasty...

Last edited:

Christchild

TeeRoux,

JARRED ROUX?????????????????????????

JARRED. ROUX???????????????????

I was just complementing the good man on a meal well done! :D

But, Jarred Roux? I make my own Roux, with Cooking Oil (preferably Canola) and All Purpose Flour. When that roux looks like Milk Chocolate (at minimum), or better yet, Dark Chocolate, it's ready to receive the onions, little bit of Bell Pepper, plenty Garlic, a little Celery and whole, fresh Basil.

Then You slowly, a little at a time, add Your Shrimp stock or Chicken stock, thinning tha Roux down. Pour in all Your liquid, once Your ROUX gets thinned, throw in all the meat OTHER THAN any Shrimp or Crab You might use (save that for last), turn the heat up high.

Save any Shrimp and/or Crab, until 5-10 minutes before You turn Your Gumbo off, and when the Shrimp and/or Crab goes in, throw in Your File'.

I'm from South Louisiana, grew up trawlin' (I have designed and built my own trawls), fishin' and huntin'. And, throughout my life, I've turned out to be a cook that is a force to be reckoned with! :D:D:D

There are several people that have called me The Gumbo King.

Anyone who uses JARRED ROUX, send me a PM, and I'll walk You Step by Step, on makin' a Roux that'll turn out a Gumbo that'll make You wanna Slap Ya Mamma.

I've got all You need to make a SoftShell CrabMeat Linguine Alfredo, FROM SCRATCH, if anyone can use it. It's of my own, and it'll deliver sock-less company. It'll knock 'dem socks off, Sha!

Last edited:

wpcexpert

Wife made lasagna with deer meat tonight, duck breast fajitas last night, Backstraps/brocolli/turnip greens the night before.

UniversalFrost

the last couple weeks we have been trying to finish off as much of the venison from last year as possible to make room in the freezer for the upcoming deer season. Neighbor is also doing the same with his deer and a buffalo he got last year, luckily for me he has been bringing buffalo roasts over to me to thank me for giving him some sig p229 stuff the other day for free.

oh and i gotta put a nice big canadian goose in the oven on sunday for dinner (shot my limit last year when back home in South Dakota) so i can make more room for more geese when I go back up north this fall for more deer, pheasants, ducks, etc..

had a lot of quail and dove as well, still got some in the freezer i need to eat.

JOE

FrankenMauser

I make my own Roux, with Cooking Oil (preferably Canola) and All Purpose Flour. When that roux looks like Milk Chocolate (at minimum), or better yet, Dark Chocolate,

I prefer real butter for a roux. I know most chefs say the darker, the better, but I like a nice golden brown color. It makes for a smooth texture, with good, mild flavor.

aaalaska

Wid game

Yesterday Halibut, today snowshoe hare ,tomorrow either salmon or moose,many bear sausage for breakfast.
Alex

Swampghost

Boar ribs for dinner. NY Strip for supper, it might have come from a wild steer......probably not.

Also cleaning out the freezer, most of the good cuts are gone. Time to make the andouille sausage....next cold front.