What scope for Remington 700?

Flatbush Harry

I had a 30-y/o Redfield 2-7x that I mounted on my Rem 700 SPS SS in .308 Win...for what I use it for (namely, various use at <350 yds), this range is perfectly adequate...and I can shoot to <1 MOA at 200 yds from a rest.

Cheers,

FH

JpSnareGuy

Bushnell is a great value. You get a pretty decent scope for the money. I have a 3200 on my Bushmaster. Not the best, but a great value. Just an opinion though. Super Sniper too, but you will have to move up to the $320-$420 range. :D

mrmuffy

My Model 700 in 270 wears a Leupold VX3 4.5x14 power with the Boone & Crockett long range reticle.It is ideal for a very wide range of shots.
I hunt the Minnesota north woods with close shots at black bear and the coulee country of the Dakotas for whitetails - where some longer shots are common.I used many low to mid power scopes over the years and always wished I had more power when I needed it.A good 3.5x10 power scope is about as low as I would go for short or long shot versatility.Leupold makes a dandy line of scopes for the price. Hard to beat their quality and clarity without breaking the bank.
Good luck with those 500 yard shots.
I know one guy who can muster that kind of accuracy.
But then shooting is his religion...:)

riggins_83

Not sure what you'll be using your remmy 700 for however the scope I'd recommend, especially if it will be hunting with you is a Leupold VX-II or higher. Very very well made scopes, will take a good beating and are sealed very well. The VX-II 3-9x40 goes for about $310, if you want to spend a little less the Burris FullField II is a good choice, too, but if you can swing it I'd highly recommend the Leupold.