What Is Your Favorite Gun To Take To The Range?

Blue1

Shooting with my oldest tomorrow and bringing:

- CZ75B
- Ruger 19211SR
- S&W 686
- Savage 22LR semi-auto rifle

The CZ is semi-trick, fits like a glove, the 1911 is, well, a 1911, the 686 is a lightly modded and accurate .357 Mag, and the .22 rifle is fun to shoot and fairly accurate as well.

Don't get to shoot with either of my boys as often as I would like, tomorrow will be nice.

Blue1

BourbonCowboy

I'll be laughed at for saying this, but for carefree plinking, without worrying too much about cleaning the firearm, lubing, what not.... my Hi-Point carbine.

Install a Hi Tower Armory Bullpup stock on it and watch people drool over it.

For me, it's either my '79 Colt Python or my HK VP9...or maybe my Charter Arms Southpaw. :D

PzGren

That would be a 1969 Korth rimfire revolver, especially when I look at how many times it accompanied me to the range in the last ten years.

TRX

Every range trip, one of my 1911s in .45 ACP goes in the bag. They're my favorite things to shoot.

However, I inherited a CZ-52 a while back, in 7.62x25 Tokarev. That thing is bags of fun to shoot. Alas, 7.62x25 isn't cheap any more, and I've decided to hold off on setting up to reload it, given current prices.

Plain old GI hardball has about 355 ft-lb of muzzle energy. The Russian-made 7.62 I've been shooting has 514 ft-lb; those little 85 grain bullets leave the muzzle at 1,630 fps, almost twice the velocity of the .45. I was startled by how authoritative the recoil of the CZ was until I looked closely at the side of the ammo box.

CleanDean

I am also a Ruger MKII fan . (SS.)My fav. is a 10” Bull Bbl. wearing an Aimpoint red dot.
A tad heavy, but I will not argue with it’s accuracy & reliability. The pistol and the sight were bought used (both separately)
$120 for scope , $180 for the MKII New were the mount & rings . Even bulk Federal Ammo runs great thru it.

Kurbsky

At the range for me is my Steyr M9 A3, even though generally I prefer all metal pistols. Iterestingly only 1 person here prefers .44 mag. Probably it's painful to shoot. I never tried though.

Mike38

For serious target work, in .22 my Benelli MP90. In centerfire my Benelli MP95 in .32 S&WL.

For "fun" target shooting, in .22 my Ruger 22/45. In centerfire my Beretta 92FS.

Seedy Character

Depends on the day

1911 always goes, because it is always on my belt.
Blackhawk in .22 and 1 or more centerfires. The
30Carbine is a blast, but .357, .41, .44, ..45C, and .45ACP
are just as enjoyable.
Centerfires or rim fire rifles may or may not be along.
And then there are the shotgun days

Schlitz 45

Since Mrs Schlitz became an enthusiast we go out every weekend, got 40 weeks in a row last year (all outdoors) & have kept it going this year too. We mix it up pretty good with Mrs always shooting her EDC along with her 22’s (Ruger Mk4/Browning 1911/Woodsman) I always have the clay thrower & will shoot a few out of the air with shotguns every other week & I really enjoy the challenge using her 410. Lately she’s enamored with her new Saint & is making launching 2 liters her new hobby.
I alway run my EDC through a wizard drill cold to start-lots of room for improvement there & work on my draw/fire from concealment & then move on to whatever I felt like grabbing that day-love knocking over steel with the lever actions, playing cowboy with the Vaquero & fast draw rig, breaking out the Thompson always puts a grin on my face as does shooting the booming 454 Alaskan. We’re certainly not in a rut & enjoy it all-even without a designated “favorite”.

SIGSHR

I am a "one gun per range session" shooter, the last few years I have fired only 22LR. I rotate my 22 rifles, for handguns it's my Colt Mark IV Series 70 or Browning High Power with Ciener Conversion Units.

MarkCO

I always take at least two. More often than not, I toss in the .22LR precision rig. Just too fun and a lot cheaper to plink.