What Is Your Favorite Gun To Take To The Range?

pete2

I usually take my newest gun to the range with a couple others. Right now an M&P 9MM EZ, an M&P Comp .22 and maybe a 9MM Valkyrie and a 617and a couple 10/22s if I have a while to shoot.

lee n. field

We all take numerous different guns each time we hit the range. Almost every time I go, I like to shoot my S&W model 18 .22 revolver. What is the one gun you like to take and shoot?

Whatever I'm actually carrying at the time, and whatever I might have bought most recently.

kenny53

I may take any number of guns to the range but I always take my Ruger MKII and my Taurus TX22 with a bunch of preloaded mags. Lead and brass flying everywhere. :):)

FITASC

For fun at the metallic range? One of my S&W K22 Model 17s.........otherwise my shotgun to the clay target clubs

Pistoler0

I'll be laughed at for saying this, but for carefree plinking, without worrying too much about cleaning the firearm, lubing, what not.... my Hi-Point carbine.

Its just plain fun. It's not a precision instrument that I must become proficient with, it is more like a Nerf gun that shoots real bullets.

Last edited:

Dunross

Ruger 10/22 and Ruger Mk. II pistol because they are fun and still (relatively speaking) cheap to shoot.

Then whatever I'm working with at the time.

And a couple of magazines of my EDC before I wrap up.

GE-Minigun

I have two...Ruger 10/22 pocket rifle and Ruger MKIV 22/45 Tactical. Made the pocket it on a whim year or so ago, thinking I'd rarely shoot, but not the case...I shoot the snot out of it...the MKIV I purchased as a suppressor host and it always goes...more accurate than I thought it would/should be...even with cheap bulk stuff.

hemiram

Favorite semiauto is my Tanfoglio "Mossad" CZ clone:
qp0yEu.jpg

Favorite revolver is a tie, my Dan Wesson 715, and my S&W 28-2 6"
8sjJot.jpg

S3WKbK.jpg

chadio

Beretta 92FS

- or -

SIG Sauer P226

It would be very difficult for me to pick a favorite among these two....

Desmosedici

My HK45. It was a gun I longed after, and when I finally had the means to get one, I did it. It's soft-shooting, feels great in my hand, and it feeds and fires everything I put it in it. I've not babied it, either, it's held up extremely well.

Only thing now is that with ammo much more expensive than it used to be, shooting this gun is an expensive habit and I've not done it as much. I can't think of any range trip I've gone on where it hasn't accompanied me for a few mags, if not several, in some time. I will never sell it.

rodfac

Good choice on the M18 Smith...it's one of my favorites as well.

I vary considerably, but this week I've been working with some target+ (850-900 fps) full wadcutter loads, here on the farm. Put up in .38 special brass, the velocity makes them a real carry option, and the short .38 case makes the ejection stroke more effective from my 3" bbl'd M60 Smith. The combination's fun, superbly accurate, and very economical with home cast bullets & Bullseye powder. The gun's good for tennis ball size offhand groups at 25 yds too!

Last week, BTW, it was a Smith M27 with a 5" bbl. Great gun, beautifully made, but just to heavy for me now in my dotage. Week prior, it was a M66 Smith, for those that care.

Best Regards, Rod

JustJake

CZ 512.

Great little semi-auto rimfire plinker.

Never misses a beat, likes most H.V. .22 ammo that I've tried, and is far more accurate than the feed-finicky 10/22 I sold and haven't missed even once.

Now with the ammo shortage going on and Price is a big issue, my favorite is the Ruger LCR22. Actually my favorite 22.cal plinker/Trainer. Since shooting that gun so often, it probably helped me to become a better shooter than just about firearm out there. If ammo cost and availability were no issue, I could very well shoot small 380's every single day, all day. I get such a big kick out of shooting them well.

EJtIhrZ.jpg