What has been your most dependable pistol?

Banger357

Never had a malfunction from my 90-two, either FNX or five-se7en, or any of my Ruger revolvers- don't think those count though. My Glock 27 never had a single issue as a .40 or when I switched the barrel to .357 Sig, but it choked pretty bad on several brands of 9mm with that lone wolf conversion.

SauerGrapes

The 2 guns I have the most rounds thru are my Springfield range officer and m&p 40 pro series. Both have rarely ever skipped a beat. All my guns are worthy of carry guns.

hgmeyer

A 1911 custom (my favorite) no telling how many rounds down the tube.... Had to FTE last year. Replaced the recoil spring and all was good again.

RickB

I have at least three guns with 1000 rounds in a row without a malf, some having done that twenty or thirty (or fifty) times.
I've never kept track, really. If there's a chronic problem I fix it, but one or three random malfunctions a year is something that is going to be impossible to "fix".

ttarp

Well I've had my BERSA .380 the longest, so all of my other pistols are playing catch up. Really though I've only had 1 centerfire pistol give me issues, also a BERSA go figure.(9HC if anyone cares)

power5

Still waiting on the first hiccup from my 2009 92fs. Over 5000 rounds through it.

Not sure how the 1911 peeps claim zero hiccups unless they are replacing springs after a couple thousand rounds before any failures happen.

jaytothekizzay

Probably my Glock 23. Its my primary carry gun for the last 7 or 8 years. Probably shot at least 50-100 rounds a week through it for the same 7 or 8 years. Never one malfunction ever. My 226 had a couple hiccups during its first couple range trips, but has been flawless for years as well. 229 has also been a champ. Believe it or not I had a Taurus PT145 that had thousands of flawless rounds down range as well. Kinda wish I still had that Taurus

skizzums

never had a malfunction from my tru-star t100, very surprised at 300 dollars. worst was a sccy cpx-1, never finished a mag w/o some kind of screw up. I had a sd9ve that had a few hiccups every now and again, it was usually the round in the mag nosing up at too steep an angle. other than that. as far as I can recall, all of my pistols are 100% ATM, my AR will choke on steel cased ammo and my hi-point carbine will choke on flat-points for some reason

Worc

Hard to say. None of my five 9mm's have any failures so far. I usually clean them around the 500 to 600 round mark though. My Sig 226 has thousand of rounds through it in the 20 some years I've owned it. My HK P-30, Steyr L9-A, ad Wallther PPQ all have a several thousand rounds through them. My newest model the Sphinx SDP is been perfect with around 700 rounds so far.

If I had to just pick one, I'd say the Sig because it has more rounds in a longer time span.

AustinTX

The vast majority of my pistols have functioned without issue. Many of them haven't been fired all that much, however. I'm going to ignore every pistol that hasn't malfunctioned but that hasn't seen at least 1,000 rounds, and I'm not counting the rounds with faulty primers that didn't ignite at all or that ignited on a second strike against the pistol.

Beretta 92FS -- 37,700 rounds (of all kinds of ammo), no malfunctions
Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical -- 1,250 rounds, no malfunctions
Beretta 84BB -- 1,100 rounds, no malfunctions
SIG P49 (P210-2) -- 4,650 rounds, no malfunctions
SIG Sauer P229 -- 7,450 rounds, no malfunction
Browning Hi-Power -- 6,375 rounds, no malfunctions
Walther PPS -- 2,900 rounds, no malfunctions

Four of my pistols have experienced malfunctions (and other assorted problems, in one case) to varying degrees. From least to most problematic:

Colt Gold Cup National Match -- 2,800 rounds, 1 failure to eject (round felt weak)
Glock 17 (Gen 4) -- 800 rounds, 4 failures to eject (all early and with first version of RSA using weak FMJ ammo; no problems later even with original RSA)
HK USP Elite (.45) -- 400 rounds, 19 failures to feed, 3 failures to eject (using both FMJ and JHP ammo; need to send it in for warranty work) :confused: :(
Kahr P380 -- 850 rounds, every problem under the sun (as detailed here)

vkeith

My S&W 39-2 has never failed to go bang in the several thousand rounds put through it for the 27 years I have owned it. I originally bought it new because I was broke and it was cheap ($260 out the door), but over the years I have grown to really love that pistol for it's reliability.

LockedBreech

Beretta PX4 - 6,000+ over 6.5 years. No failures ever.
Beretta 92FS - 1000+ over 1 year. No failures ever.
Beretta 8040 - 500+ over 6 months. No failures ever.
Ruger LCP - 1500+ over 4 yaers. 1 failure ever.

The PX4 for quantity, but all my handguns rock. :)

rodfac

Glock 19, and a WWll Remington-Rand 1911A1...

For those of you who offered up revolvers to the OP's "Pistol" reliability question...."Pistol" refers to a self fed semi-automatic hand gun, it is not a revolver. I too have never had a revolver mis-fire, fail to feed, jam; whatever and I carry one nearly every day...but they're not a "pistol".

Rod

marine6680

My CZ 75 in 9mm has never had a malfunction, and I probably have the most rounds through it. My CZ in 40 had a couple fte that was ammo related. (friend's old reloads he had sitting around from when he had a 40)

My Sig 226 has been 100% as well.

It has been many many years ago, but I had an XD in 40 that I do not recall having any issues with.

My M&P had a couple baubles when it was still new, which could have been related to the ammo, as I haven't had an issue since.

I would trust the CZs, 226, and M&P completely. I just got a M&P compact and shield, will be testing for them to see if they live up to their big Brothers reputation.

Skans

#1 - S&W 659
#2 - Glock 17

I have many other dependable pistols, but none with the round-counts of these two.

psalm7

When it comes to Hand Guns Im a Ruger fan out of 2 P89's , 1 P95 . 3 Black Hawks , 2 Single 6's , 2 Mk 2 .22's . Iv owned these at diffrenet times and only have a P89 and A Black Hawk at this time but never had any of them to fail to fire and no fail to feed so I would say they could all be the most reliable . One of the Single Six,s was as accurate as some rifles it was chambered in .32 HR Mag nice little handgun . Lesson learned if you like a fire arm do not trade it off looking for something better . Waite till you can just buy the other and add it to your collection .

Last edited: