What has been your most dependable pistol?

Z400ACDC

I just want to know what pistol you have put the most rounds through without a malfunction. Mine is a 1990 Taurus PT92. I would guess over 2000 rounds.

lamarw

I have twenty different handguns of which six are revolvers. All of the remaining 14 have been totally reliable except for a Bersa Thunder .380.

Most of these were purchased as used firearms. All of my pistols, revolvers, shotguns and rifles (except for rim fire) are used with my reloads. :)

KROIL

I guess my Ruger P-85 mk2. I bought it new long ago and many-many rounds ago. Has never given me any problems at all.

triplebike

Beretta 92fs - has over 20,000 rds fired without a single malfunction. If fact I have never had a malfunction with a Beretta handgun, which includes 92fs's, PX4 Compact & Full size, Cougar full size 9MM & 45.

CZ 75B & SA - My 75 has over 10,000 rds fired without a malfunction. I have never had a CZ handgun malfunction which includes my P07 9MM.

I have never had a malfunction in either of my RIA 1911'S 9mm & 45. Both over 1000rds fired.

My newest edition , a Walther PPQ has been flawless also. Approaching 1000rds fired.

Fishbed77

Walther P99AS.

Thousands upon thousands of rounds fired (of a wide range of ammo) with zero malfunctions ever. My Glocks don't even come close.

Wreck-n-Crew

S&W 5906. I have had a couple of these and neither ever had one hiccup through countless rounds. The first one I ran over 15K. Second one, time will tell. At 3k+ right now. I shoot a lot. In that one pistol, I will add another 2-3K this year.

Last edited:

Ozzieman

The following because they are the only autos that I own that have never had a failure. All of them are multiple thousands of rounds each from factory to homemade.
Beretta Cougar
Colt Gold Cup
Glock 26

Cheapshooter

Would be easier to list the ones that weren't 100% reliable.
Colt 1991a1 Compact. Not a jam-OMatic, but it has had a couple FTE stove pipes.
Weather P22, but after an initial "learning curve" I'd say all ammo sensitivity related. Feed it what it likes, and it runs fine.
Beretta 1934. Hey, it's old! I can relate. It gets a pass
High Standard HD Military. Another rimfire, and another old gun. Most problems have been light primer strikes. It doesn't get shot a lot, so I haven't really worried about it. Thinking a real good, detailed cleaning, or maybe a new hammer spring.

tallball

My S&W pre model 10 was made in 1928 or 1929. It has been 100% reliable for me. There is no telling how many rounds it has fired. It looks like a LOT.

Sorry to muddy the waters with a revolver, should have read the OP better. On the other hand, no one else's entry is 86 years old. :)

Last edited:

1stmar

Les Baer prowler IV , > 30,000 never a hiccup. Followed closely by a springfield armory custom with > 10,000. Again never a malfunction. Of any kind.

Beretta 92f. That cheap Egyptian surplus that was cracking cases a couple decades ago did make it hiccup, but I learned my lesson about buying crap like that.

Now that I think about it, the Sig 229 has never malfunctioned, but that's a low round count (maybe a 1000 or so).

jmr40

The only 9mm pistols I've ever owned that were less than reliable were CZ-75's. Never had a single malfunction with a 9mm made by Ruger, S&W, Glock, Beretta, Sig or Browning.

I've only seen a handful of 45's that were 100%. My current S&W 1911 as well as a Kimber have worked well as has the G-21. Had numerous issues with Colt, SA, Dan Wesson, RIA, FN, HK, and Taurus.

ritepath

My P89....It eat the cheap Egyptian surplus even though 3 out of 10 rounds needed 2-5 strikes before it would ignite.

lunger

I would have to say SW 5906 also.It was my everyday carry when they first came out. I couldn't guess how many rounds I put through it,can't remember one hiccup . I've switched carry guns several times . Currently a Glock 23. I sometimes wonder if I am really better armed.

AK103K

Glocks, SIG's, HK's, Colt/GI 1911's, and S&W revolvers, have been the most reliable overall, with the least amount of problems/stoppages.

At this point, individually, my one Glock 17 has just over 75000 rounds and a bazillion dry fires through it, and the only stoppages have been ammo related.