what gun are you proudest to own.

Cowdogpete

Granddaddy's Winchester Mod 42 Pump .410

He used to shoot trap out behind the house, took lots of quail with it too.

First shotgun I ever shot.

Cowdogpete

hansolo

Blued steel & wood grip(s)

I enjoy them all, but the first centerfire handgun I bought is a S&W Military/Police .38 Special: they only made several million, but this 1956 wheelgun rode in the holster of a Los Angeles Police Officer...my brother bought it from him and sold it to me two years ago. They just don't make 'em like this anymore. :cool:

1911WB

Les Baer

My LBC Concept VI in SS. It's a real tackdriver with almost any load. Has a beautiful 3 lb. trigger. :)

geegee

My Wilson Millenium Protector. I bought it used, and after owning it for about three years now, it's hard to imagine I'll ever own another 1911 that will outshoot it, or handle any better. I took a defensive pistol course this past weekend, and once again it kept me shooting better than I'm capable of.

I'm not going to say I don't look at other 1911's without wanting them, but I know that I really don't need them.

capnrik

Just a few comments...

Next time I'm out visiting kinfolk in Norway, I'm going to come smack you for rubbing that in...

Ultima Thule...All my kinfolk were from Tennessee. Sometimes, when a Lady from Tennessee threatens to "smack" you, it involves lipstick on your cheek....not a bad thing. If she is really mad at you, you will probably first guess it after the ringing in your ears subsides.

Ian...quite a piece. There are a few very old Colt's SAAs in my desk, but none with the heritage of yours. With your ability to tell a story, we expect a lot from you about that piece....

nralife

what gun are you proudest to own.

The one that I can now legally carry concealed with me nearly everywhere I go in Texas, and in states that have reciprocal agreements with Texas. And, please, don't anyone give me any grief about having to jump through hoops and pay for the right to do so. We are better off here than we were before. In right to carry states all across America, people are realizing that the doom and gloom, blood in the streets predictions of the anti's were total bunk. Now we need to convince them that the rest of the anti's rhetoric is total BS as well.

Sorry if I didn't answer the question as posed..... ;)

mcshot

My favorite is a ANIB Beretta BM-62 followed by Remington 700C in 6mm.
In pistols my Colt Series 70 DA conversion by Louis Seecamp ranks highest at the moment. :D

mc

Red_SC

Proudest would probably be a pre64 model 70 in .300 Win Mag. It was built by my uncle's shooting partner, and given to my uncle when he died. My uncle was very influential in my becoming a shooter, and later a reloader. He gave the gun to me about 6 months ago.

Fred S

Bar

Mine is my Model 1918A3 SLR, the Ohio Ordnance Semi-auto version of the Browning Automatic Rifle. My Dad was a BAR gunner in WWII. :D

Pa.Frank

It's really a tossup but I would have to say My 1914 Remington Model 8 in .30 remington, my 1917 first model Newton in 30-06, My 1893 Marlin in 38-55, my ALL winchester M-1 Garand, and of course... ny 1940 byf Luger.

Ohh... and I almost forgot my 1903A4 springfield :)

5ptdeerhunter

I am proudest to own my Remington Sportsmen 48. Its a 16 gauge that was my grandfathers. He gave it to my dad when he was 12 and my dad passed it on to me. I love that gun. I would shoot it more but the stock had some cracking and I fixed it up but I am afraid to break it.

PATH

Pistol- Colt 1911 Series 70 Gold Cup National Match

Rifle- My Remington 700 which now has a heavy barrel and a whole host of bells and whistles added. I am saving up for a Leupold or Nikon scope. I am embarrassed to say what I am using now! :eek:

Rembrandt

By far not the most valuable of the collection, but has great sentimental value....signed by the hand of "Moses"

163418.JPG

wallbanger

Right now...

I spend a lot of time going back and forth with a M-1 garand and a Sharps 45/70.....Mired in the past here...love the history.....for accuracy though I turn to a M-96 Swede and a K-31 Swiss......C&R all the way...
\
ArtinSC

all yaneed is love and a .45

Gewehr98

It's been a toss-up of late.

This one, a 6.5-06 Mauser conversion, gained both myself and the rifle some notoriety after it centerpunched a golfball at 500 meters one sunny Sacramento morning:

interdiction-3.jpg

But this 1903A4 Springfield Sniper took a lot out of my life during the restoration project, and survived a divorce in the process:

1903a4-3.jpg

Walter45Auto

I got two of them. My Magnum Research BFR .45-70 (which I just got a week ago tomorrow and have yet to shoot.) and my Remington 760 Bicentennial Commemorative in .30-06. And I'll be pretty proud of my Lasermax GLOCK Model 30 when I get it (hopefully soon).

Walter45Auto :cool:

Jbar4Ranch

I recently inherited an 1873 Colt SAA .45, factory lettered to October, 1876, that I'm pretty proud of. Second is probably an AR50, just because... well, I HAVE ONE! :D