what gun are you proudest to own.

2002gti

for me its my mak90 ak, maybee because i live in california and cant get them anymore. every time i go to the range i get people asking questions about it. i wish i had gotten 5 of them for $199 way back when.............

Number 6

Either of my SVI's

although I'd probably go with the race gun because I spec'ed it out, including the serial number. The classic single stack, also with a special serial number, is nothing to be ashamed of, either! ;)

Lt496

A Colt Woodsman. It was my Grandfather's and he carried it when he was young. I learned to shoot a handgun with it and he gave it to me about 10 years ago.

What memories. :D

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
My oldest milsurps: The Martini-Henry and Swiss Vetterli especially make me feel like I'm the custodian of something being held for later generations. There's nothing like holding a firing example of a 120+ year-old weapon.

I also love my prewar .38/44 Heavy Duty that was converted to a bullseye gun in the late '40s or early '50s. It was owned and used by the same guy for decades. This gun has ghosts...

Red Label

IF I still had it, it would've been my 1956 Winchester Model 71 lever-action .348. But I was STUPID and sold it years ago. Was a family heirloom and had my grandpa's name engraved on the lever. Had sat in my closet for several years and I decided to sell it to finance a fancy PRS guitar. The guitar was great, but the gun was better.

As it stands it's definitely my Bushmaster XM15-E2S (AR-15, 20" bbl, A2 configuration). That's my go-to weapon for anything hitting the fan.

dev_null

If I had to pick one it would be the 1898 Krag carbine (yes, a real carbine, not a cut-down rifle). Still a sweet shooter -- just HAD to test it once -- and I'd love to know its autobiography!

- 0 -

LawDog

Staff Emeritus
This one.

Colt Single Action Army, Model of 1873, calibre .41 Colt. It's nickled and originally came with mother-of-pearl grips and was purchased by an ancestor of mine to use as his church gun.

Seems his everyday .38-40 only had stag grips, and thus wasn't pretty enough to carry to church. :rolleyes:

The original owner used it in one verified gun-fight and several more rumored fights before passing it to my grandfather, who carried it as during forays into Central and South america on behalf of the Texaco Company, where family legend has it that it was used to proper effect a time or two more.

Grandad passed it down to my mother when she went off to college, and she gave it to me when I graduated the Law Enforcement Academy.

LawDog

For 22s, it's my M-2 Springfield bolt action rifle.

For rifles, it's the replica Ferguson.

For handguns, the slabside large ring broomhandle.

W Turner

My Smith and Wesson Model 1, 3rd variation. It's not as rare as the earlier variations, but just looking at the patent mark on top of the barrel that has dates from the 18 60's gives me chills every time. The fact that my father gave it to me just adds a little something.

Mongo

UltimaThule

Kobun, careful about teasing Tamara.

This is the resoponse I got from her for doing just that:
Next time I'm out visiting kinfolk in Norway, I'm going to come smack you for rubbing that in...

I am possibly the only member of this great forum to have been threatened with physical violence... by a staff member! :D

Steelharp

My next one... ;)

What's that, honey? ME?!? Oh... NOTHING, I didn't say ANYthing... :eek:

Hmmm... hard to choose from my Combat Elite, or my SS Combat Commander, or my Clackamas Kimber, or my WWI Colt repro... all of the above?

Mikey D...

Pave Pilot

My Springfield M-1A, Super Match Competition with Hakko 4-16x56 BDC Scope, followed closely by my 1943 Winchester M-1 Garand.