What Federal Told Me About Nyclad

deerslayer303

I guess the next best thing is to cast up some pure lead (or close to it) LSWCHP and powder coat em. I've seen some nice work done by guys with a very cheap set up.

Homerboy

My home defense revolvers are still loaded with my old duty load, 158 grain Nyclad HP +P's. Have about 250 rounds of them and 150 rounds of the 158 grain fmj +P.

hemiram

I have about 25 9mm JHP S&W Nyclad in my box to shoot next time, along with some other new SD 9mm ammo, to test my guns to see if all of them will fire them reliably, so I can find something good for carry. I never have had a single issue with any Nyclad ammo, regardless of caliber, in any of my guns.

Wishoot

I guess the next best thing is to cast up some pure lead (or close to it) LSWCHP and powder coat em. I've seen some nice work done by guys with a very cheap set up.

I'd love to see some commercial offerings of this. I reload, but don't cast or coat.

deerslayer303

Some company is selling a coated round. The bullet is red if I remember correctly. Someone posted a thread about it on this forum. I'll see if I can find it.

zeke

Somewhere I have a box of 125 grainers that were sold for handloading. When my snub 38 does get carried, which is rare anymore, it has 158 grain nyclad plus p hollow points in it. The hps are filled with silicone.

Brian48

The .38spl +P variant was the issued load for me when I was on MSG duty during my tour in the Corps. I never saw it for sale at any gunshop or sporting goods store though. Seemed to always be a very hard to find load.

Mannlicher

I still have a fair amount of the 125 grain Nyclad .38 Specials left. They still go bang, although the last ones I bought are marked 2001.

Jim Watson

Yes. Same stuff, I think just a change in branding as S&W got out of the ammo business.

What with all the coated bullet work being done now, I would not be surprised to see a clone come out, even if from a DIYer.

Model12Win

On Gunbroker, there are many people selling reloads with polymer (or something) coated bullets.

I would NEVER buy somebodies random reloads, but yes there are DIY'ers doing it.