What do you think about slide fire stocks?

The Great Mahoo

I've never used one, but I'm not all that interested. If you want to put a lot of lead down range in a hurry, and get a thrill from that stuff, they are good. To me, shooting that fast just wastes money and shortens my range time.

But, to each their own.

batmann

From everything I have heard, they work really well, the problem I have with them is they burn up a LOT of ammo in a hurry.
Personally, I see no advantage to one, but that is just me.

Palmetto-Pride

For me I think once the novelty wore off I would be kicking myself for spending that kind of money on it........:eek:

Not to mention burning through ammo that's not easy to get these days....:eek:

tmorone

I find them to be uncomfortable. When installed they move the position of the grip and just feel sort of flimsy.

marine6680

Full auto was fun when it was on the governments dime. :p

On occasion, a few mags through a rental gun is a bit of brief and expensive fun.

But spending that much on one of those stocks only for brief uses... whenever I could come up with the ammo...

Nah, I'll pass.

CTS

Full auto was fun when it was on the governments dime.
Exactly, and if you don't want to go that route then why not spend that money on a tax stamp and just buy the real thing.

HKFan9

I agree with everyone else.. my buddy bought one.. it works as advertised.. even pretty easy and controllable to do 3 round burst.. and hes happy with it.

But we both agree it's merely a novelty toy.. he doesn't keep it installed on the rifle... its merely there for entertainment purposes once in awhile.

btmj

my honest opinion?... they are toys. They turn a serious firearm into a toy. If I wanted people to think I was a ninja-clown, a slide fire stock would be what I would choose. But hey, its your money.

Sport45

Exactly, and if you don't want to go that route then why not spend that money on a tax stamp and just buy the real thing.

Maybe because the stock gimmick is a heckuva lot cheaper than the tax stamp plus the real deal?

I too, think they're a waste of money and just turn an otherwise accurate gun into a spray and pray ammo burner. Might be fun for a minute though.

GTOne

What is the cheapest full auto firearm I can get, and have here in IL?

Oh, wait.

Yes, I own the stock(The newer better looking version). For the cash, and the grin it will put on your face, well worth it to me. It certainly isn't something I leave on nor wish to shoot very often. Because guns and bump fire stocks are cheap, ammo is expensive.

Hickok45 has a pretty lengthly vid on it.

Last edited:

Pyzon

Gotta agree, nothing is more fun than shooting, and the ultimate was full auto when the taxpayers were buying the ammo.

But, accuracy is nil, and shooting ammo that folks are paying a buck a round for these days takes all the fun away, semi-auto included.

Lastly, personally I regret to admit that in this day of gun control freak out emotions, when people hear what they think is a machine gun firing, it becomes a major spaz out, like seeing somebody open carrying at the WalMart. Legal or not, we gun fans do not benefit from the added attention it brings in times like this.

L_Killkenny

They turn a serious firearm into a toy.

So all guns without this stock are "serious firearms"? I think not. It's like callin all cars and trucks "serious vehicles".

Not attracted to these stocks in the least but more than likely any gun that someone puts one on was a toy long before the stock went on.

Erno86

I've heard of rumors about OOB's {out of battery detonations} with the Slide Fire stock, but have not heard of any confirmations on whether it is true or not.

I have no desire to buy a Slide Fire stock, since I shoot my AR's and AK's with sufficient speed {without bumpfiring}, that comes close to full auto.

SC4006

If I had an AR I could see buying one just for some occasional fun... if they were cheaper. Not paying $300 or whatever they cost for a piece of plastic that will cause me to waste even more money on ammo.

Dr Big Bird PhD

Personally, I would rather own a real M4/M16. If I can own the real thing, then that means I have the money to feed it.

Don't have a baby you can't feed.