What do you guys consider to be under appreciated guns

Viper99

guns that may not be popular models or brands but that are reliable and that should be considered because they are cheap and good value.

FEG? like the looks but mixed reviews.
CZ83 which can be found for $200 in good condition?

RX-79G

Feg, Armalite AR-24, Star, Arcus, Bersa, Bernadelli, FN HP DA, Daewoo, Canik.

But especially the Armalite.

lamarw

Beretta 92FS or similar models You will probably not find a better pistol for the money since Uncle Sam has held the price down with its bulk buy for the military. :)

I have even seen some on the used market for prices that are well under four hundred.

Pilot

Any Makarov. I have four from Bulgaria, East Germany, and Russia. None has ever failed, nor even thought of failing. Just dead nuts reliable, and more accurate than they should be for a military service pistol. I don't think I have ever read of an incident of a misfeed, FTE, etc from a Makarov anywhere.

mes228

Underated

All pistols made by S.A.M. (Shooters Arms Manufacturing) in the Philippines.
Especially the "Elite" Model.

Ichiban

I don't see the FNH FNP-n and FNX-n series getting the love I think they deserve. The new striker fired FNS-n is getting a lot of press but I'm old school and prefer the hammer driven models.

mk70ss

CZ, owners of them love and praise them, but they are not that common. I have had many people ask me at the rang, what is that?

ParabellumJ

CZ, owners of them love and praise them, but they are not that common. I have had many people ask me at the rang, what is that?

+1 on this. I have 2 CZ's and love them, yet they are near impossible to find locally. I would include Dan Wesson with this since they are owned by CZ. There may not be a better 1911 under $2000 than Dan Wesson.

barnbwt

Beretta PX4; if they would only design less-pointy slide controls (or remove them entirely) they'd have much more substantial market share.

TCB

Hal

Browning wins an award for the worst timing ever w/their BDM.

The gun was innovative - but - a "crippled" capacity 9mm was a sure path to failure.

Too bad - it was a great feeling gun...

mbott

Ruger P95 and P97. Can't remember the number of times I've bought and sold both. I always seem to be looking to replace one or the other in my small collection. :)

--
Mike

40CalGuy

as a recent purchaser of my first CZ in an SP-01 Tactical, and now a repeat purchaser in a CZ 75 P-01 OD and a CZ 75 Compact Silver Metallic... and I'm sure there's more to come, I have to rank CZ up there with those underappreciated, at least here in the US.

I don't think the 92fs can hardly claim this though. It's been the US's primary issue sidearm (M9) for over 25 years. If you don't know what it is, you've been sleeping under a rock.

Nor any Glock. That's just silly.

bonglee0507

5egupe6e.jpg

Brolin Arms L45

Fugit1ve Wizard

Hi-points are definitely underrated. I saw a C-9 model for sale at a pawn shop the other day for $115 used, and it came with a high-cap mag (11rd promag) and original 7rd mag. Can't forget that if you were to purchase that pistol and have any issues in it's normal function, Hi-point will back it even though you bought the thing used at a pawn shop.

Kev

Under appreciated?
Star and Astra
But that's ok, it keeps the $$$ low.
$200.00 Star B Super
StarSuperBnewgrips_zps41cdf2ad.jpg

And incoming Astra A60 13 round 380
null_zpse617b901.jpg

BWM

I have Bersa and Arma Lite and CZ 75 that shoot very well and NO trouble with them. My Bursa will keep all 17 rounds in 6 in at 25 yards open sites the CZ will do the same both are 9 mm. Arma Lite has been around from the start they are a dependable gun. I have a FNH FNX 40 that is a good shooter and it came with 3 14 Rd mag for around 550.00 They are made in the USA FNH makes a lot of Military guns.