want to buy a starter set

BJung

Limited Reloading Space

I tried downloading two photos of my loading space but failed. The brackets are screwed into the wall studs so the 2x4 that the press is attached to is not going to twist. I have a shop light above the press. And, portable plastic table assembles next to the press where I place my balance. It takes very little space as you can see. If the photo could download, you'll se the press about 4" from the wall.

black91stang

I started reloading by purchasing the RCBS rock chucker supreme kit. RCBS was running a rebate on the kit at the time and the store I bought it from had them on sale so I feel I got a very good deal. Check their website periodically to see what rebates they have going if your looking at buying a kit. The only thing I don't like about the kit is the primer tool but that is an easy fix. I've used my kit to make plenty of rifle and pistol rounds. I can't say enough about their warranty. I broke the hopper on my Uniflow powder measure and needed to order a new one. I called them up, credit card in hand, told them exactly how I broke it (totally my fault!) they sent me a new one with no questions asked and I didn't even have to pay for shipping! As far as dies go, I like RCBS and Lee dies.

I'll also echo what has been said on buying good manuals, I really like the Lyman 50th Edition and Hornady manuals. There are some good tutorial videos on youtube if you are a visual learner like I am. This site has a wealth of information as well.

GarandTd

I just ordered a Lyman Ideal C-frame press from Amazon. I figured it would be a good starter and should last a lifetime.i need to get the books. I have dies, brass, calipers, and bullets. I need powder, primers, case prep tools, and lube. I'm slowly accumulating what I need. When I get there, I'll be starting with small batches of rifle rounds. If I ever get a magnum revolver(and I'd like a 357) that'll get some press time, too.