Used PPQ

Kevin_d77

I found a used PPQ M1 for $499 this past week at my LGS. The guy said he sold it to this lady, she shot a few mags thru it, decided she didn't like it and the became a Buddhist so no more guns. Looks immaculate. But $499 seems a bit high and I really don't need another 9. What would be a fair price to offer? I have seen brand new M2 for $509 so 499 is way to high. I was thinking 449 I could get it out the door w tax, tag, title and background check for under 500.

Thoughts and or opinions

sigarms228

The "classic" PPQ with the paddle magazine release are very hard to find and in demand. If it looks like new and comes with original case, two extra backstraps, and test target $499 IMO is a great price. Never hurts to try and talk them down or maybe throw in a box of ammo or so.

Good luck!

Pukindog12

If you want a PPQ M1 in the shape you described $499 is IMO a good deal. I've seen people trying to sell these for $600 or more these days and I've seen WTBs offering more. I'd offer $450 - $500 OTD and see what happens.

If you haven't ever fired a PPQ and you do buy this don't be surprised if it passes most if not all your 9mms as being your favorite.

Good luck.

Mystro

$499.00 is a steal for a PPQ M1. Very,very desirable gun. I cant believe it will be there if you go back to get it.

"Run Forest,....run...."

TunnelRat

You could try going lower. I remember a time when I could buy them new for $500. But those days are long gone, especially with the M1 no longer being imported. I'd probably pick it up if I was you.

Mystro

Yea, if he bought one for $599.00, he wouldn't loose any money on it. The demand for the original M1 is only growing.

Kevin_d77

Unfortunately it's on the other coast of FL. I travel for work every other week. It may not be there when I get back. I suppose I could call and buy it over the phone but I kinda want to look more closely at it, field strip it, before I buy it.

Now if I could only get a fair price for my 5.25 XDm 9 and 9 magazines that I never ever shoot.....

WVsig

The M1 is still being imported... Those who say otherwise are lot up to date or are looking to gauge people.

TunnelRat

The M1 is still being imported

My understanding is it will start importation back up next year, but currently they are not being imported. Do you have evidence otherwise?

How are the magazines for these price wise and availability?

They're typically expensive, $50 or so, and after the latest rush can be tricky to find. Luckily P99 magazines will work as well and some are still floating around.

Last edited:

Kevin_d77

Well if the M1 comes back and Ive seen the M2 for 509 doesn't make a ton of sense to buy the used one just yet.

If its there next time I go back, it will probably come home with me. I certainly don't need it, I just want it lol

Coltman 77

If you want the PPQ go ahead and buy it asap. That's a decent price for a fine pistol.

Don't let a few dollars stand in the way. ;)

Fishbed77

$499.00 is a steal for a PPQ M1. Very,very desirable gun. I cant believe it will be there if you go back to get it.

Indeed. If I see a PPQ M1 for $499 anytime soon, I'll be whipping out the credit card right then and there. I'm still a little bummed I didn't nab a new one back when they could be found for $529. I have no need for the PPQ M2 with its inferior mag release and lack of P99 mag compatibility.

They're typically expensive, $50 or so, and after the latest rush can be tricky to find. Luckily P99 magazines will work as well and some are still floating around.

Mags for the PPQ need not cost $50. They are readily available for $30. See the link below. The mags for Magnum Research MR Eagle (a P99 clone) are IDENTICAL to Walther-branded P99/PPQ M1 mags, aside from the name on the baseplate. They are made by Mec-Gar on the same line as the factory Walther mags. I own a few, and they are superb.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/MR-Ea...-Research-MR-Eagle-9mm-Magazine-15-Rounds.asp

Kreyzhorse

I'd try to talk them down a bit, but if you want it, jump on it. Walther makes a fine pistol.

If you do snag it, post a range report.

Zhillsauditor

If you go to the Manatee/Palmetto gun show today, there is a magazine seller that has P99/PPQ mags for sale, 2 for $50.

I bought my m1 a year ago for $550 used (mint though) with 3 mags, and now it competes with my CZ for my favorite automatic. The mag release is, IMO, superior to the button release. However, I'd not let that stop me from buying the m2 if I didn't already have the m1.