- Draw from concealment

- Emergency reloads

- Tactical reloads

- One hand reloads

- Getting off the X and moving to cover as you draw

- Dry fire with one and two hands

- Dry fire from kneeling and prone positions

- Transitioning from one hand to the next in the event of an injury

- Safely getting to the ground and standing back up with your pistol in your hand

- Scanning and breathing after a shot

Make triple sure you are unloaded and have at it.

T. O'Heir

Airsoft replicas are horrendously expensive toys.
Dry firing is a very old recognized training technique for practicing and training for sight picture, trigger control and breathing. Centre fire only. Most rimfires dislike it and you can cause a peening of the chamber with a rimfire. No flinters either.

5thShock

Dry fire. Watch your sights as you pull, press, squeeze the trigger. Two handed, one handed, weak handed, slow and in a hurry. Your biggest shooting error will be moving the gun as you work the trigger. Let your hand and finger learn how to do it right and you got the whole thing pretty much licked.

tdrizzle

I also bought a laser bullet, the Pink Rhino version, recommended elsewhere. It's useful enough now, but I'm waiting for the Laserlyte Steeltyme training target to arrive. This is also as recommended elsewhere as the best of a bunch of targets. Will try to remember to report.

Also using a SIG so no slide resetting, but I only get SA reps unless I do.

SIGSHR

I have found No. 6 drywall screw anchors an excellent snap cap for rimfires, good for 10-12 impressions, about $5/100.

JERRYS.

shooting really is a use it lose it thing. you don't really lose the ability, but your sharpness gets dulled and it takes a few runs to get back in shape so to speak.

T. O'Heir

"...Pellets Pistols or Rifles cannot..." A lot depends on the air/gas powered rifle or pistol. Airsoft stuff are toys. An Olympic class air powered Walther is not.
Not sure if CO2 powered stuff is Olympic grade. Crossman kit is not. Shot a Crossman SAA to pieces years ago. The transfer bar got dented from the hammer so much the thing stopped working.
However, the techniques of trigger control, breathing and sight picture are the same.
"...sharpness gets dulled..." Yep. Especially your eye sight.
Oh and likely the best non-shooting training you can do for hand guns is upper body tone exercise. Strong back and shoulder muscles make a huge difference when trying to hold a couple pounds still. Even with 2 hands.

shurshot

A good set of snap caps and an afternoon Western on TV helps tremendously for fast draw practice from one's living room. Quick draw, double action revolver fire, tap and rack, quickly changing clips (or "magazines" as the internet experts tell us:rolleyes:), all good practice with a thrice checked empty gun.

Or if you have Netflix, the Narco's series works well too, although you may have to vigorously roll out of and behind your recliner when the cartel opens up with full automatic fire. ;)

tdrizzle

The Pink Rhino laser trainer and the Steeltyme target seem to be great training aids. Amazon has both for about 140 total, well worth it.

Another thing to practice (with an empty firearm) is your draw. Smooth, not speed. Speed comes later. Do it with a jacket if you're used to wearing a jacket outside. Do it with your gloves if you're in winter weather.