the Tiger Maple Cynergy looks nice...

BigJimP

If Browning's marketing dept is paying you royalties Slugo .... :cool:

( I at least want an honorable mention in your biography...) ... or a decent latte....out of the deal next time you re-negotiate your contract.:D

BigJimP

Oh no, they have to be paying him ....for the photos if nothing else...:D

but yes, Browning makes a heck of a shotgun for the money ...and I do have a couple of them...:cool:

zippy13

Jim, they're Browning's pics :rolleyes:

Like this one:
Citori-Feather-Lightning-MID-013534-m.jpg

BigJimP

those stocks have to be at least 1 grade up from "crate wood" as my buddy says....:D

but seriously, --- and not just to yank Slugo's chain ---which is fun --- / but seriously, Browning has been sourcing their stocks with a much better quality walnut than they did 15 yrs ago. However, I do not like their " oil finish" they are using on a lot of their models now ...it doesn't hold up to weather very well...and after a couple of yrs it tends to get "muddy" or cloudy looking hiding the grain --- and the only way I've found to bring the looks of the gun back - are to completely strip it and refinish it with a harder varnish ( like poly). Some models like the XS Skeet and the XT Trap still have the more durable heavier / gloss varnish that just holds up better.

Slugo

Zip, I would never have imagined that Remington, as it once was, would be producing the crap they are offering up these days. But then, count the owners over the last 15 years or so... :(

zippy13

For some years, hasn't the Remington catalog referred to the stock material as something like "walnut finished" hardwood?

TheKlawMan

Zippy. I believe some of them come with laminated wood; BigJim would know better but that sounds like just a step up from dimensional wood a.k.a. plywood.