The guns of Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyJim

I'm glad you asked. My Colt Python in Ultimate Stainless:
Colt_Python_8in_DSCN1332.jpg

I also have seen Python Elites in a brushed stainless.

Marred

I might of missed but I didn't see anyone mention the mossberg 590 that the deputy was using at the roadblock. Does anyone know of any agencies using the 590? I thought the remington was standard for LEO.

GM1967

The show so far seems very true to the graphic novel it's based on

Production values.....lets just say I've seen a lot of zombie movies, and some of these are the most well done and realistic looking zombies (did I just say realistic looking zombies?) I've ever seen.

The effect of the gunshot inside the tank was also cool; usually hollywood glosses over the sound and concussion effect of gunshots in confined spaces or explosions, in favor of flaming visual effects.

I also noticed what a few people have already mentioned; the lack of recoil on some shots from the Python, and him telling the other cop to make sure he has a round chambered and the safety off...on a Glock. However, I didn't hear the click of a safety that other people say they heard, just the sounds of the slide being pulled back and going back into battery. Could have missed it. Hollywood certainly is used to putting in fake sound effects for Glocks; how many times in movies have you heard the sound of a hammer cocking, when the person is using a Glock?

I also think he took too many guns with him, and maybe not enough ammo. Also the wrong kind of guns for zombies, but chalk that one up to inexperience ;)

I had originally said they were Benellis, but I was wrong, they were Mossbergs.

And I don't think a shotgun would be a bad choice at all. Police rounds are buckshot.

EdInk

I don't think your python barrel is long enough...... to measure the depth of the ocean.:rolleyes:
:D

Also, a "New York reload" is usually a reference for carrying
a second (often snubnose) revolver not just multiples of
any gun. :cool:

MTT TL

Pythons came in nickle, blued and stainless. I have a nickle finish one. I seriously doubt that the show will effect prices any. You practically need to get a second mortgage to buy one as it is. As revolvers go they are one fine piece of machinery.

KyJim

I don't think your python barrel is long enough...... to measure the depth of the ocean.
Just 8 inches. I deliberately used an angle to make it look longer just for fun. :)

BTW, I missed the opening episode of Walking Dead and was hoping for a rerun but no such luck. I did go online and get the highlight segment. Saw the Python in action, including the inside the tank shot.

Nasty

If you search well, you will find the original restricted publicity release...it's been online for several days now.

I had a copy the day before the airing.

James Snipe

50 cal MC on the tank

Before they climbed on the tank he could have used what i thought was a 50 cal MC to mow a buch of them down. It looked like there was planty of ammo. usually there are long guns in the tank also.

Buzzcook

Sounds like a show I'll have to watch.

One thing that bugs me about post apocalyptic movies is how poorly armed many of the survivors are. After all few of us are very far from places where guns are sold or where some government agency has an arsenal.

If I were in Georgia I'd think Fort Benning would be worth a visit.

Let it Bleed

I missed the opening episode of Walking Dead and was hoping for a rerun but no such luck.
I suppose schedules may be different depending on carrier and region, but the season premiere re-airs on the Independent Film Channel (IFC) on 11/4 @ 12:15 am and AMC on 11/5 @ 10:00pm; 11/6 @ 2:00 am; and 11/7 @ 2:00 am.

I keep racking my brain to recall what the "bad guys" were using to shoot at the Deputies, but I can't remember.

IanS

Personally I think a shotgun with its bulky ammo is a so-so choice for a zombie long-gun. You need to kill the brain to put down the undead. Remember shots to the body are completely ineffective, even .50 BMG. That means effective head shots.

A .223/5.56 mm semi-auto rifle with low power scope for shots out to 50-100 or so yards. An AR or Mini-14. Light easy to carry ammo. And ammo to rifles (M16A2/3 or M4's) would be relatively easy to pick up with all the dead National Guard troops around. (Standing off picking off zombies at longer distances with a .308 is not usually a good idea unless you've planned for a long siege. It gives zombies in the area time to amass leaving you very little exits and you're screwed esp. in the city where the numbers can run in the tens of thousands. Shoot and maneuver is key)

A .22 lr with open sights is ideal for relatively close encounters (less than 50 yards). Lots of ammo can be carried on the person and reduced noise signature. If you're facing a siege type situation making hundreds or even thousands of precise head shots from the rooftops with heavier caliber rifle can be fatiguing. A light easy to shoot .22 rifle is the best rifle for exterminating the undead in large quantities at relatively shorter distances.

A suppressor for either weapon would be ideal to reduce noise signature. In general discharging any firearm will signal any undead within hearing distance. Unless you plan to stay and see how many show up, keep moving.:eek:

Last edited:

alloy

I missed the opening episode of Walking Dead and was hoping for a rerun but no such luck.

The Walking Dead - Days Gone Bye AMC Fri,Nov 5 10:00pm

The Walking Dead - Days Gone Bye AMC Sat,Nov 6 2:00am

The Walking Dead - Days Gone Bye AMC Sun,Nov 7 3:00am

Courtesy of TV GUIDE online.

Sulaco2

The BBC had a Zombie three part series on cable last week in which the survivors are from a TV station reality show in Britton. There are only two guns in the entire series both taken off of the bodies of Bobbies (one of whom is shot by a survivor) what looks like a Glock 17 also based on the number of rounds fired without reloading and a maybe M4 with lots of add ons that make it hard to tell, might be a Sig 556...Downer of a series everybody dies in the third and final episode. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.