TFL Pennsylvania gathering October 30th

David Park

Yeah, I know it's last minute, but luckily it's within driving distance for me. (Of course, for me, "driving distance" is a good ways. :D ) I've heard really good things about Storm Mountain, so I'm looking forward to it.

nvrquit

Maybe he has become just quit....

.... not hardly :rolleyes: !

K80Geoff,

Nope, not quit. BTW, I got my Garand while the program was still DCM and I know I paid considerably less for mine :D . Still a great way to get a true "battle rifle".

Jamie,

Got your PM and I've been keeping tabs on several forums(as usual), so I've seen your postings. Trouble with the 30th is that on the 31st I'm going to a 3-Gun up at Blue Ridge/Cherry Valley(Sciota, PA ).

I can't say that I'll be a W&W or not. Though, seeing a whole lot of FAL's would be nice, as I'm currently evaluating .308 chambered BR's before purchasing.

To everyone, on a more somber note, the AWB battle was a win. The "war" continues and there's no better time to get more done than when the opponent is reeling from a loss. Keep up the letters, calls and personal meets with the elected rep's on all levels . Carpe Diem!

Jody Hudson

If anyone could possibly bring a Glock 17L I would love to try one. Glock has not shipped any 17Ls to civilians in about 5 years. At times there is one available for sale, somewhere on the Internet. I would LOVE to try one before I buy one!!!

Dave Markowitz

Well guys, I won't be able to make the 10/30 shoot. I'll be at a client site to make sure their LAN gets back up and running after they move into their new office.

On the bright side, I expect to be able to bill enough to pay for a lot of ammo for the next time I get to the range. :)

Jamie Young

Not anymore.

They use to have it years ago but stopped. I know the ATF was there a few years ago doing a demonstration for the locals on the difference between Full Auto and semi-auto guns but that was due to complaints from the locals.

Somebody was suppose to talk to the owners of W&W about what the restrictions were but they have yet to respond.

No full auto guns allowed AFAIK.

Arc Angel

:) :) Well, since you've decided to hold this shindig in my backyard I guess I’ll have to go! My SKS is presently in a dozen pieces; but, I’ve usually got an AK sight tool in my Armorer’s bag that I don’t mind loaning out. If I hurry like a bunny rabbit (and the parts get back from Texas) I should be able to finish rebuilding my favorite, ‘Commie weapon’ and have a nice new, ‘toy gun’ to show off.

So, that’s a shotgun for 5 stand and skeet, an assault rifle for some 100 yard plinking, (I’ll leave the precision 500 yard work for you younger guys. I’m getting too old to, even, see a beautiful woman at that range, anymore.) and a couple of my, ‘constant companions’. (One of which could use a new Mepro front blade – So if you’ve got the tool … .) Wow, that’s more hardware than I’m usually comfortable traveling with; and a lot of Hoppe’s fumes at the end of the day, too! Glad I don’t have to leave the state.

My Browning P-35 suddenly stopped shooting this afternoon; (The hammer locked back and won’t let go?) This will give me an excuse to run over to EGW in Quakertown on the way to the party. Sounds like it's going to be a good time. Glad I spotted the announcement. :cool:

PS: How much ammo do I need to bring? :D

EDITED TO ADD: I'll be glad to volunteer an hour or two of R.O. time; but, afterwards, I'm a free man!

David Park

I just installed XS Sights on my CZ-75, and the sight pusher really helped pop the old rear sight off. Installing the new sights was easy because they either had a roll pin or set screws to hold them on (much easier than the SIG, but I still managed to screw it up a little :rolleyes: ). I'll bring the pusher and some tools.

I'm probably not bringing the shotgun. I figure I'll spend most of the time on the rifle range. And I always bring too much ammo, so I'll try to bring less so I have less to haul back home. Then again, my current ammo stockpile stands at 13400 rounds, and I'm buying more tomorrow at the gun show, so I need to shoot some of it!

Jamie Young

Was up at the range making sure everything was set up for the 30th. We're on, and all we gotta do now, is pray for good weather.

It will cost $20 to get in for non-members. Since we have the entire range shutdown just for US we gotta pay the normal fee.

$20 to get in and $5 for lunch.

Dead

Jamie,

I would have been complaining about F/A at W&W, if I could NOT shoot them as well. :p I would want a piece of the action.

Hmm maybe you can get the line full of AK's FAL's and AR's then open up on the 100 yard line? :)

Jamie Young

Do you have a membership card, or just a plain card that they stamp everytime you go there?

A membership is for a year but they just started doing something new. If you aren't a member you can go there and pay $20 three times and your fourth time is free. I don't think there is a time limit.