Tell me about the guns you've carried

rodfac

Vietnam '69-'70: an issue S&W M15 in .38 Spl for a very very short time. Got the Special Forces guys I was flying for, to get me a 1911A1...good gun, utterly reliable and ugly as sin. Also carried a HI-Power for awhile. Great magazine capacity for the time (13 rounds), but never liked the safety and would not carry it cocked and locked. Fired the 1911 in night action several times, but not the other two.

Civilian: S&W's M19 in a "tanker' type chest holster for backup on hunting trips in Washington state. Also a Ruger BH in .357 for the same purpose and in a similar rig. Nowadays, I like a .44 Spl Ruger for hunting back up especially in bear country, but have been known to tote a .41 or .44 Magnum as well.

CCW: S&W's M36 and currently a M60 with 125 gr JHPs'. Have also spent considerable time with a Colt Combat Commander on my hip. Heavy but very reassuring. Eventually the weight just got to me. I like Glock 23's and 19's if I can hide them, usually in the winter. But in warm weather, most often it's a J frame Smith, tho tonight I carried a Sig P290 9mm when my wife and I went to see Capt. Phillips...great movie BTW, Hanks deserves an Oscar for his performance...as do those Seals that took out the BG's.

HTH's Rod

hlds54

Glock 19- reliable, great capacity, not too big, not too heavy.

springfield 1911- accurate, heavy, but i like it.

Tinner666

I started with a 6-shot revolver when I was about 8 or 9. It was always in my pocket. Even managed to catch a riccochet one time too.
I honestly don't remember half the firearms I've carried. I even had one, I'll not speculate on the name in case I get it wrong. The barrel was pinned, not threaded. One day, the barrel landed about 8' in front of me when I fired a shot.:eek::D

Back in the day, you could request and even get a permit from your CO to carry your own personal wepaon on base. I had one of those permits.

JKump

Being a Police officer I have carried everyday pretty much for the last 21 years.
On Duty- S&W Model 10
Ruger GP100
Glock 17
Glock 23
Glock 22
Sig P220
H&K USP compact

Off Duty- Walther PPK
Springfield 1911 commander
S&W 5906
Taurus Total Ti 617 revolver
Taurus Ultra lite revovler
S&W J frame revovler
Taurus Tracker 357 (woods/hunting revolver)
Kahr CW9
Still have most of these weapons.

EveryCaliber

1. Beretta 950 B .25 ACP - Very small, super nice pistol, senitmental because my dad gave it to me. Never felt comfortable with the .25 for SD. Still have it, but it stays put away. I shoot it about once or twice a year just for fun.

2. Glock 19 9mm - Ideal shootability, reliability, and ruggedness. EDC for the longest time. Just always wished it was just a tad smaller during t-shirt weather. Still carry when wearing heavier clothing, sits in the nightstand when not on me. Great gun.

3. Kel-Tec P3AT .380 - Cool little piece. Has functioned perfectly. Difficult to shoot accurately. I pocket carry or ankle carry it sometimes, but only when there is no other option.

4. Glock 27 .40 - I found my perfect EDC. It's a little chunky, but I can shoot it pretty darn well. The short grip practically never prints no matter where I position it IWB. Love the gun, love the round. 9+1 of .40 in that small of a package that is still very shootable still blows my mind. Current EDC and plan on sticking with it for a long while.

Justice06RR

I'm almost constantly using different CCW pistols just to try out different guns depending on how I like them.

1. M&P9 Full size with safety - excellent first gun with flawless function. good trigger. Also works well for IDPA - SOLD
2. XD40subcompact - good size but heavy for ccw. this would be one of my favorite pistols if it was just a little lighter. - Still carrying
3. M&P40 Full size - same as M&P9 SOLD
4. PF9 - lightest and slimmest pistol I've owned. can be pocket carried with ease. Downside is iffy reliability, snappy recoil, and long trigger pull. Comes with one mag only (bad) SOLD
5. Taurus 740Slim - another great compact pistol, very slim and about the same size as PF9. Trigger is ok. Fit and finish much better than PF9. Also can be pocket carried easily. Thumb safety a big plus for pocket carry without a holster - Still carrying
6. Glock19 Gen3 - perfect blend/size for CCW/IDPA/range use. Every accesory is available. Very Reliable. - SOLD
7. XD9 sc - same as XD40 sc with more capacity - SOLD