Tell me about the guns you've carried

Stevie-Ray

1. Colt Delta Elite First carry gun, in that it was the first handgun I carried anywhere, though it was just in the wilds of the Hiawatha National Forest. Semi-Retired to keep it lovely.
2. H&K USP45C First licensed carry gun, bought because I thought I needed it. Safe queen.
3. Kimber Ultra CDP, .45 ACP Eclipsed the HK in every way-my perfect carry gun. Current EDC for over 10 years.
4. Glock 26 Thought I needed a 9mm for certain occasions. I was right. Current night biking carry. (NBC?:D)
5. Kel-Tec P32 Bought specifically for back-up and those times when larger primaries aren't possible. Current BUG.
6. Glock 29 Bought specifically to provide ugly utility and spare beautiful utility, bouncing Delta to semi-retirement. Current woods gun.

Babychief

E.d.c.

Anything appendix carry with a high swept beaver tail getting in and out of a vehicle is painful. Anything else as long as its comfortable will work for you.

Glock-19
Smith .38 snub
Colt officer
Chiappa rhino

IdahoG36

Kimber Ultra Raptor- Constant failure to return to battery, 2 trips to factory never resolved the issue SOLD
Ruger LCR .38 special- great gun. They were tough to find when they initially came out. My dad wanted to get one for my mom, so I sold them mine SOLD
Ruger LCP .380- No issues really, just didn't really care for the gun overall SOLD
Kahr PM9- great gun, regretted trading it away TRADED
Kahr P45- constant light strikes, 2-5 per magazine. SOLD
Kahr CM9- my fiance liked it so much after shooting it, I let her have it GIVEN AWAY

Springfield XDs .45- absolutely love carrying this gun every day, currently at Springfield for the recall. It has been very reliable and great to shoot. IMO the perfect CCW CARRY
Ruger SP101 .357- great woods gun and winter carry gun. Versatile and ultra reliable CARRY
CZ 75B Compact 9mm- comfortable to carry during the colder months, reliable and accurate CARRY

Last edited:

foxytwo

I have carried a XD40sc, a Sig P250c 9mm and a Keltec PF9. I still carry each one depending on my clothing choice and mood for that day.

Pilot

CZ-75D PCR - main carry gun
HK P7 PSP - carry rotation
Beretta 85FS - carry rotation
Ruger MK II 5.5 bull barrel - woods carry
Ruger 22/45 4 in. bull barrel (MK II era) - woods carry

hemiram

Taurus Model 83n(n is nickel) a total POS. Amazingly bad.
Dan Wesson Model 15-2. As diifferent from the Taurus it replaced as a revolver could be. An awesome gun. I've had a bunch more of them since that first one.
Beretta 84, IMO, the best .380 ever made.
Browning BDA 380, the second best .380 ever made.
Beretta 92FS. I regretted selling it. I've had two since, but had to sell both. The last one was just great, very pretty.
Colt Combat Commander. Even less reliable than the Taurus! The first strike against 1911's.
AMT Hardballer Longslide. Too big to carry. Well, it was better in every way than the Colt, but still a lousy gun. Strike two on 1911's.
Detonics Combat Master Stainless Steel .45 ACP. Well, the best 1911 I've actually owned. Sometimes, it would actually get through 2 mags without a jam! Strike 3 for 1911s.
Astra A-80. I've had 2 of them, both were great, 100% reliable.
Astra A-75, had three, one .40 and two 9mm, kept one of them, great guns and usually they are cheap.

Chiappa rhino
i wondered if these ever caught on. i thought they were cool. even had the chance to fire a medium sized one. i was intrigued by the 2in model.

Kimber Ultra Raptor- Constant failure to return to battery, 2 trips to factory never resolved the issue SOLD
i had a very similar experience with my kimber grand raptor 2. it would stove pipe constantly. maybe it's just because i was so frustrated while shooting it, but it didn't seem anywhere near as accurate as... throwing a brick!

mrt949

Ruger security six
HIGH STANDARD 22 MAG
JENINGS J 22
PHOENIX 22
GLOCK 17
COLT COMANDER
COLT CCO
GLOCK 21
RUGER SP101
BERETTA 21A
SEECAMP 32
MP 40 FS
MP40 C
SW CHIEF SP
SW M 60

TODAY
SW MP40 C
SEECAMP 32
BERETTA 21A
RUGER SP101

trigger45

Glocks 19,17,22,23,30,26
Ruger sp101 just about perfect.
30 was just a little wide. But accurate.
17,22 too long.
26 not enough handle.
19 just about perfect. A little harder to conceal than the sp101. But you won't care.
The G23 is my fav.

45Gunner

Colt Government 1911 ----Vietnam-----had to give it back when tour of duty ended.

Colt Detective Special------.38 Special-------too small for my hand.

Colt Government 1911 -----.45 ACP--------carried this for years.

H & K LEM---------.40 S&W--------carried while on duty for Govt. Agency.

Kimber Stainless Pro Carry 1911------.45 ACP------started carrying this about
25 years ago and still carry it as it is lighter than the Government
Model and I am getting older and my back appreciates the lighter
weight.

shortwave

Revolvers:

S&W Chiefs Spec. Airweight - 5 shot 38 w/bobbed hammer
Old S&W Body Guard - 5 shot 38
S&W 442- currently alternate the 442,642 for summer carry
S&W 642-see above
S&W 66-2,3 & 6
Ruger SP101

Semi Auto's:

Jennings J-22- don't carry anymore but pistol just keeps running. And will fire if dropped and round in chamber w/safety on. Long story.:eek:
Belgium Makarov 9x18
E.German Makarov 9x18
2 ea. Hungarian Feg 9x18's
S&W 5906 9mm
Beretta 92f 9mm- used to winter carry
Para SlimHawg .45
2ea.Para Carry Companion 7.45 LDA- one of which is current winter carry
Springfield A1 GI 1911 .45- used to winter carry

Dragline45

Concealed Carry:

S&W 60 3" barrel in .357 - Great gun but large for a 5 shot J frame. Sold

S&W 640 in .38 Special - Good trigger, easily concealed, minimal sights, small capacity. Sold

Walther PPK in .380 - Proved to be unreliable Sold

Ruger SR9C 9mm - Small, light, accurate, great trigger. Sold <- Only because I needed a full size

Sig P232 in .380 - Current carry gun. Only current production DA/SA all steel single stack in it's size besides the PPK that I know of. I also shoot this gun as well as any full size pistol I have ever picked up.

Winter/Woods Carry:

S&W 686 .357 - Lost interest in the .357 Sold
Beretta M9A1 - Rarely carried, but love this gun.

militant

Glock 22:reliable, accurate, too big-sold
Taurus 605:concealable, reliable, harsh recoil-sold
Kel Tec PF9: unreliable, harsh recoil, inaccurate-sold
Ruger LC9: Reliable, VERY inaccurate-sold
Ruger SR22:reliable,accurate,small caliber-possible line up
Taurus 24/7 pro 9mm: reliable,concealable, inaccurate-sold
Browning Hi Power:reliable, accurate, needed money-sold
Glock 23:reliable, accurate, concealable,snappy-carry daily

Nick_C_S

I have yet to carry.

I'm in the process of getting my CCW. A process that I started in February. You see, I live in California. I am almost through the process now, and barring a major freakish glitch, I should have my permit in a little less than a month. And that's actually pretty fast for California - Yep, I'm on the fast track! lol

Anyway, when I do, I'll be carrying a Kahr CW9. With a Theis IWB holster. I've done dress rehearsal, and it conceals well.

I've never carried in public before and it's going to be kind of surreal. I'm curious how others felt carrying in public for the first time? Maybe I'm overthinking. This is not a firearm friendly state. So civilians carrying here is rare.

Bongo Boy

M&P 45c as the first carry and still about 5-10% of the time. Next up was a Kahr K40 that was to sit in for the 45c when it was just a little too much. It ended up being carried about 90% of the time.

More recently, Glock 29. Didn't take long to become the EDC except on those occasions when again, it's just a little too much in the way.

So, I think these days it's 90% Glock 29, 5% Kahr K40 and 5% M&P45c, very roughly.

RBid

Ruger LC9: rugged and reliable. Hated the trigger. Traded.

Kel Tec PF-9: only reliable in that I could count on jams. 204 documented FTEs in the first 500 rounds fired, over many ammunition types. Traded.

--had an epiphany, went away from single stack carry--

Ruger SR9c: awesome in every way, except that I don't like thumb safeties. Kept for awhile for range fun, but now Traded.

Walther PPQ: outstanding pistol. Truly my favorite pistol. Got sick of chasing mags and holsters online. Loved it OWB, did not love it for IWB. Traded.

Glock 23 Gen 3: near perfect. Sold to fund a Glock 23 Gen 4, which I LOVE.

Glock 19 Gen 4: my favorite carry weapon. I am done searching.

I do not have a 'rotation'. I carry my 19 every day. As I get faster with the 23, I may transition to it.

monsterdawg725

I've carried and owned more pistols than any man should have been blessed with that being said until the last year it was a full size Taurus 1911 then a Walther P99 in 40 cal most recently a 1990 vintage Sig P226 in 9mm or a Walther PPX in 9mm

USCS

1. S&W mod. 65 because that's what they issued me. Loved it, very accurate
2. Glock 22 because that's what they issued me. It was ok, reliable as a brick, and about as comfortable in my hand.
3. Glock 19 because that's what they issued me (there's a pattern developing)
Again, it was an ok gun, very reliable, ok accuracy, ergonomics like a block of wood.
4.Sig 229 (guess why!). Love it, accurate, reliable, and fits my hand, very comfortable to carry and shoot.

1 - Colt 5.5" SAA in .357 - Not the best carry gun, but the only one I owned at the time. Now semi-retired as a range gun, but it may come out of retirement to do a little cowboy action shooting. Thinking of giving it a try.

2 - Imez IJ70 in 9x18, aka commercial Russian Makarov. When I ordered it no one around here had even heard of them. Turned out to be a really good carry piece.

3 - Colt King Cobra 4" in .357 - Originally bought for woods carry to replace the older Colt, it also makes a good winter carry.

4 - KelTec PF9 in 9mm - Cheap, small and light. Jury is still out on reliability as it is still in the break in phase.

I have also carried a few other guns as well including an Iver Johnson .22 revolver and a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44, but these were purchased mainly for woods/outdoor use and were never really intended to be concealed carry guns.