Targets! Lots of free targets at these sites!

charlie73

love the zombies! I would laugh so hard if I was an hour into a day at the range and one of those unexpectedly went flying down the line next to me :D man thats funny!!!
and brilliant on the post office labels I am all over that..

Mr2005

Has any figured out how to make the targets that show the shot in another color?

If I printed a target then stacked it on red paper, would the red show when a shot was fired?

ScottRiqui

If I printed a target then stacked it on red paper, would the red show when a shot was fired?

The bullet is going to penetrate both the target and the red paper, so at most, you're only going to see flecks of the red peeking through the hole.

You can get reactive targets, like the ones made by "Shoot-N-C". These have a black layer over a colored layer. When hit by a bullet, some of the black layer surrounding the bullet hole flakes off, exposing the colored layer underneath:

Target1.jpg

Clark

targbrc.gif

For more than a decade I have been printing this free image. They work well for the 100 yard ranges near the city of Seattle.

012-34185.jpg

But for target practice where I hunt, 900 miles from Seattle, I have been using store bought targets. These cost $100/100. That sounds like a lot of money until you figure your time to check out a target.

Don Fischer

Really old thread but didn't see where any paper for printing was. I got some.

What is the point of those heavy lines? As for paper in your own printer, I got a package of 13x19 HP presentation paper years ago thinking it was a matt paper. Bit heavier than reg typewriter paper. have to try it!

Don Fischer

I was just looking at a place yesterday but don't recall where it was. I tried inexpensive ink and didn't go all that well. Ran out of ink and no clue it happened till photo's started coming out bad. The tanks you get sound expensive but they really aren't. The multi color tanks are expensive as one color runs out and you throw what's left in the other colors out as well. I have a Canon 9000 mk II and it come's with individual tanks, most inexpensive way to go. I also have a Canon iP100 with a black tank and three color tank. Ink is only expensive until you see how far a tank really goes. Printer can be had for next to nothing, certainly the expect to make money on the ink but gotta wonder. If someone was to print only target's and then use only black ink, how much could they really make? You can get a printer for target's for around $50, look in the Bi Mart or Walmart type store.

I have made my own target's for years, always figured store bought were a waste of money. Recently I found on Mossberg's site they have free target's to print out that aren't to bad. Printed up a few of each. The aiming point on them is to small to shoot a couple of my rifles but I got a package of those stick on orange dot in 2" to stick on and problem solved.

Garand Sighting Targets

Yes. Ink. A lot of these targets are heavy on black ink. I think you can put the PDF files into a thumb drive and take them to Kinko's and have a master laser printed. Once you have that, you can use a copier to make the rest. If you want to use some form of tagboard, the Kinko's people can direct you to a copier that will work with it. (Amazon has that in various weights and colors. DO NOT presume you can tell how heavy the paper you order will be by the usual bond pound numbers as they are different for tagboard. This is because the base page dimensions for bond are 17"×22", while for tagboard (aka, tag paper) it is 24"×36", and thus the standard 500 sheet ream of tagboard weighs more than a ream of equal weight/in² bond. Also, to confuse things further, the two don't have the same density. So, best just to look it up on a table).

I've attached my Garand sighting targets. The last two pages are meant to be stitched together using a ruler to set the top as indicated to get you out to 600 yard POI at the line crossings.

Attachments

• M1 Garand Zero Targets.pdf
    50 KB · Views: 65