Suggestions for Sub-Compact (small) conceal carry weapon

Laserlips

teifmen1948:

Sorry, you'll have to help me out here with the Kahr is like "the closest thing to a revolver" comment..

Thanks.

Jesse

griz312000

Why are we so worried about not having a safety on a DAO semi-auto? We've been carrying DA revolvers for over a hundred years and no one ever thought they needed a manual safety. Carry it in a holster that completely encloses the trigger guard and keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot. It won't go bang unless the trigger gets pulled!!

rugersp101

another vote for the Ruger SP101, except mine are in .38+P only, I save the .357 for my GP100's.
100_3248.jpg

100_2783.jpg

izzkidioto

I am gonna give the Khar P9 another +1. Had a KelTec PF-9 before that, it is a little bit wider, but much easier to shoot and the trigger pull is much nicer.

Uncle Mike's Size 1 (IWB) Holster for most occasions (untucked).
Dressed up, I am going to be trying the SuperTuck from www.crossbreedholsters.com. Heard good things about it.

cyprian

I don't know how helpful a post on older guns would be, but I have some favorites, availability notwithstanding.

Star Firestar .45. Probably the most satisfying pistol EVER.

Colt King Cobra, 2.5". Not as fancy or spendy as a Python. NICE, 6-shot .357.

Not so compact, but the Taurus 431 3". 5-shot .44 spl.

Colt Commander. Of course!

The Firestar and King Cobra made everything else look like crap. Gotta say it. Now you have a lot more options in tiny guns but there's still nothing like the Firestar. Tiny, slim, all steel, SA, nice "manly" recoil spring, cocked and locked, 6+1, reliable and fun as hell. Super easy to conceal. I'm gg to have to look this one up as soon as I hang up. Cheese: I used to carry my Firestar with Starfire ammo. I wonder if that's available anymore too!

Edit: found it, oh man this takes me back:

firestar_9.jpg

Last edited:

Van55

I have begun laughing at threads like this. They always contain many suggestions that I find appealing, but they remind me that everything about concealed carry seems to be a compromise of some kind.

My own first choice was a Springfield XD.40 Subcompact. It CAN be carried inside a front pocket in a pocket holster. It has adequate caliber. It's reasonably priced and very accurate for me.

But then I followed that acquisition with a S&W 60 revolver and the Ruger LCP. I have several watches to suit my moods and apparel as well. :D

cyprian

Everything about everything is a compromise :) Even if I were the only person on Earth, much as I'd like to I still wouldn't hunt rhinos.