Stupidest Reason You Ever Bought A Gun?

Archie

Handgun Rifle Guy....

You absolutely get the

First on Your Block prize.

You are correct, that was at least goofy, if not stupid, but I like it.

pdt1793db

I bought a replica Colt 1860 army because I liked the smoke that black powder makes and I didnt have one. This was good enough justification for me. However I have ran into one problem having the great hatred for pyrodex that I do I cant find black powder in my area considering most gun stores dont have a explosives permit to be able to get it and neither do I it is quite a predictiment that I have yet to figure out. I might just have to sell it considering my situation who knows

FirstFreedom

I bought my mini 14 at a gunshow, just so the a**hole standing next to me couldnt get it (he had pissed me off at a previous gunshow with his mouth and I couldnt wait to snatch the only mini 14 in the entire show that he just "had to have"

Hee hee, that's a good one.....sacrificing the quality of your gun collection, just for spite. I like it.

pdt1793db

haha success I found a black powder dealer got a pound then went out and shot it. it was so sweet anybody looking for black powder pistols I got mine off of Uberti. Great gun and the to make the smoke even cooler I added corn meal behind the shot to make the shot more even and flames came out the barrel. Sorry Im stoked just thought Id follow up that my impulse buy was everything that I thought it would be

gn luver

I had several boxes of 30/30 ammo that i bought at a yard sale.Not having a 30/30 rifle i bot a Stevens 325c to shoot the ammo.Maybe "gun nut" is the right word to describe me.Max W.

Old Fud

I just placed my order for a handgun because:
a) It's February,
(I'm only permitted one a month by Big Daddy in Sacramento) and
b) It will fall off the Ca. Roster of approved handguns in 3 weeks.

MCCALL911

Because <such-and-such actor> carried/used/brandished one in <such-and-such TV show or movie.>
Sorry, but IMO that's a stupid reason.