Springfield EMP 9mm 1911

Boarhunter

HardcoreHehaw,

FYI, the police department has been adding officers at a fairly rapid pace, but I do not know about the fire department.

We do not have an ocean nearby, but Lake Guntersville, 20 minutes down the road, is supposed to be bass heaven. The Tennessee River adjoins the Huntsville city limits on the south side, and Smith Lake is within 45 minutes....

I like the place pretty well.

Boarhunter

Larry's is my home away from home!
I was transfering some old VHS tapes of a segment I used to do on the channel 48 morning news program and I saw this old ad for Larry's.

Larrys.jpg

4/9 Manchu

Emp!!

I started reading this thread a few weeks ago after seeing the Kimber at a show. I then purchased the EMP while at a shop shortly thereafter while there to purchase the Kimber! I am so freaking pleased with my EMP that I just can't stop thinking about it.

I purchased it three weeks ago and have put 480 rounds through it. No jams. However, 2 malfunctions, neither with me at the trigger. The first was a FTC. Hopefully just an anomaly. The second was a first for me - a hang fire. Although I know many here have years of experience on me I've put tens of thousands down range throughout my life never once experiencing a hang fire - I was shocked to say the least. The primer looked as if it had just barely been punched. Hopefully, it was due to the female doing the shooting and not the weapon. I've kept a close eye on all spent cartridges after that point with nothing similar to this ~anomaly~

With that said, what a joy to shoot. Accuracy is incredible for such a short, compact weapon. The fit and feel in my hand is second to none. I, truly, am in love.

As my first post, thanks everyone. God, Guns, and Guts made America free!

Bamasick

In response to post #73

I know it's old, but I just joined and am loving every character written here. I wanted to reply to that post that said "I've never heard of Huntsville Alabama, but it seems like 2 out of 3 people posting in this thread are from there" - I'm from there too, just live in Seattle now. I bought my EMP based on this post and am ever thankful for having listened to Boarhunter and Tydephan!

Bamasick

Woah! Playboypenguin!

I should have read the whole posting before I posted! The first gun I ever bought was from Larry's! I feel better already just knowing you're somewhere nearby! Since you're out here, do you know and/or have an opinion of Kramer Gun Leather down in Tacoma? I understand they make a pretty nice horsehide holster for the EMP but it isn't in production yet - worth the extra $$ for a "custom" from them?

do you know and/or have an opinion of Kramer Gun Leather down in Tacoma? I understand they make a pretty nice horsehide holster for the EMP but it isn't in production yet - worth the extra $$ for a "custom" from them?
I am not the best person to ask about custom holsters. I like the idea of supporting small business men and local leather artists but I have never had a custom holster that I thought was any better quality wise than a higher end galco...or Don hume for that matter.

Boarhunter

Perhaps this will give you some idea what I think of Larry Barnett and Larry's Pistol and Pawn.

Approximately 33 years ago (I am 52 or thereabouts), I purchased my first handgun from Larry... I had to wait until my 21st birthday to actually take possession. Virtually every handgun and long gun currently in my "accumulation" came from Larry.

And when a surprise birthday party was recently thrown in his honor while he was at a gun show in St. Charles, Missouri, I drove from Huntsville, Alabama, to attend the party and then turned around the next morning and drove home.

There is not another person that would inspire me to drive 16 hours to attend a birthday party (and I told Larry when I got there that I would not do it again, even for him!).

Larry and his gun store have quite a loyal following.

Boarhunter

ThatGunGuy

walther pps

what about the walther pps? it's a pretty slim 9mm or 40cal. if that's what you want the EMP for. walther is about $650 retail.

driver37

I'm getting mine out of the pawn shop tomorrow. I paid $1050 for it last Spring. I ended up in the hospital over the Summer and got hit with medical bills. I'm excited about getting it back tomorrow. Just doing some reading around in anticipation.

Socrates

hmmmm

I've often wondered how the change in caliber affects the reliability of the 1911 design?

My general read is any 1911 smaller then a commander starts taking the forgiveness out of the design, ending up with a less reliable firearm. Not sure how changing the caliber affects that...

S esq.