Speed-Six: The nicest one I've ever seen!

tekarra

Yeah, some guys are like that. It takes the fun out of looking at guns. Whenever I see an overpriced gun, I just keep on walking as these are usually the guys with an attitude.

Don't give up your search, you will one sooner or later.

sp-train-77

I did see a speed six in 9mm a couple of weeks ago but the guy wasn't interested in selling.

That's the problem, very few lads are willing to part with Service Sixes or Speed Sixes, especially in the shorter barrel length.

Can't say that I blame them. I was just NOT smart enough to keep hold of mine when I had them. :mad:

"Sacramento" Bruce Conklin

boa2

Mr.RevolverGuy:

1)I understand your frustration with those "Greedy" gun shops like you have just described! But, don't let them get under your skin-because, if you get too disgusted, you will then, give up and will lose any opportunity to find your desired, Speed-Six needed to complete your collection.

2)Whenever I was out on the "Hunt" for my favorite "Six-Series" revolvers, I promised myself that nothing was going to prevent me from achieving my goal, to find and to acquire these fine revolvers! Although, I had faced much frustration along the way-I just stood firm, until I got the results I was seeking!

3)Just remember, that there are alot of nice "Six-Series" revolvers out there. But, as I had found out, I was most frustrated on the days that I was obsessed with finding the revolvers that I wanted immediately-but instead, went home "Empty"! This was very discouraging-and, of course, I felt like giving up-but, thank God that I didn't-because, I discovered most of the guns I wanted, were always found on days where I was not so obsessed and had just been out "casually" looking in gun shops! It was this kind of a surprise, that had "Refueled" me to keep me going out on the hunt, that had led to my eventual success in finding my complete Ruger "Six Series" revolver collection! And, take my word for it-if you'll put out the effort-you'll succeed too! Following are a couple of pictures of two, NIB old frame(Very collectible)Speed-Six revolvers, that I'd never have found-if I'd given up the ship, too early!:
P1000864.jpg

P1000860.jpg

4)BTW, you had mentioned in your initial thread above, that you had put some new wood on your above Service/Security-Six revolvers. Do you have any pictures of this new wood on these revolvers? Following, are some pictures of my stainless Service and Speed-Six revolvers with some classic Mustang grips that I had found new on Ebay:
P1000339.jpg

P1000329.jpg

P1000326.jpg

P1000345.jpg

boa2

tekarra:

1)Thanks for the compliment!

2)Actually, I regret that I had sold the Speed-Six shown to the right in the front, with dark grips-but, I still own both of the other Sixes shown in the picture! The Speed-Six that I sold had the standard(Lighter)barrel. The other Speed-Six shown on the left, has the heavy barrel-which you can tell by looking closely, at the tip of the barrel, to note how much thicker it is as well as the much wider and heavier barrel underlug.

boa2

Your collection!

David the Gnome:

I must compliment you on your wonderful gun collection! I'm going to have to go a long ways-before I'll be able to catch up with you!:confused:

kristop64089

I have a Navy Issue Speed six(GS-32N SS-NIS), And I could easily say that "Speed Sixes" Are the BEST looking DA revolvers EVER made.

Nice find.

PI Rob

Great pics! I've been looking for a speed six for awhile now and this thread "compelled" me to search the gun shops today:D. No luck tho.

madcratebuilder

IMHO the speed six and security six are the best Ruger ever made. The demand for them has driven the price up a lot in the past year and a half. I should have bought more when you could get a nice one for $250-300. Those days are gone. I picked this one up from the original owner, complete with a box of ammo he bought with the revolver. Twelve rounds had been fired.
PICT0004Medium-2.jpg

rantingredneck

Nice revolvers!

While I am a dedicated Ruger nut I do not have any of the "Six" series revolvers.

4 GP100's and 3 SP101's along with the newfangled LCR. Need to rectify this deficiency in my lineup..........:D.

win-lose

4 GP100's and 3 SP101's along with the newfangled LCR. Need to rectify this deficiency in my lineup...........

I give it a week, 2 on the outside, before this deficiency is rectified :D

rantingredneck

Nah, it'll be a little longer than that. I just dropped close to a grand on a 6" GP and 18.5" Marlin 1894C. Gonna have to build up the gun fund for a bit.

and give SWMBO time to forget about these last two purchases :D.......

The_Shootist

Hmmm

How come they stopped making them anyways? I've got a non-ILS 686+ (4"bbl)and an Sp101 so I'm covered in the .357 dept - but I'd snap up a blued "Six" in a 3" bbl in a heartbeat at a decent price.

WVfishguy

Here's the wife's Speed Six:

000_0027.jpg

And a Service Six made into a Speed Six.

000_0021.jpg

This has a 3-1/4 inch heavy barrel, and the square butt's been made round. I bought this from a local dealer who had a 'smith do the mods. Why he didn't just get a Speed Six to begin with is beyond me. :confused: