Speed-Six: The nicest one I've ever seen!

boa2

This 1980 vintage NIB Speed-Six is just super nice! You be the judge!:
P1050023.jpg

P1050021.jpg

P1050025.jpg

P1050030.jpg

P1050039.jpg

P1050036.jpg

boa2

No, I can assure you that there's no blemishes whatsoever on this Speed-Six-it is a perfect specimen(Unfired too!)! It's just the lighting!:)

David the Gnome

That is one gorgeous hunk of American steel. :D Those grips are excellent.

It's a darn shame Ruger had to print the entire instruction manual on the barrel. :mad:

wnycollector

Great revolver fisherman66. I'm on the hunt for a blue 4" Speed six to go with my other two other sixes (SS 2.75" Security and 6" SS Security).

MosinM38

Nice gun.

I don't care if the new GP's are technically stronger, the Old Ruger Security Sixes and Speed sixes are classy, beautiful guns. Give the older Smiths a run for their money.

Rastus

I wish they'd make a run of these old revolvers, just for old times sake. My first quality revolver was a stainless Security Six. I love my GP's but this older line has some benefits and I wish we still had the choice. This particular specimen is almost too nice to shoot but who could resist?

boa2

Speed-Six: To shoot or not to shoot?

Rastus:

You are right that this specimen of an Speed-Six is almost too nice to shoot. I was intending to shoot this gun when I had bought it-but, I'm having a hard time convincing myself to shoot this NIB Speed-Six! I'm passionate about mint revolvers! Although, I do have a couple of NIB old frame Speed-Sixes that I'm already collecting, it's still going to be a tough decision for me to shoot this nice, new Model Speed-Six?:eek::barf:

Venom1956

a rerun of the Speed Six would be amazing. I minus all that junk on the barrel. I really dislike when Ruger does that!

boa2

Mr.RevolverGuy:

1)Your Service/Security-Sixes are definately, georgeous too!

2)I also have a stainless 2.75" Service Six, Security-Six, and the same in an 2.75" heavy barrel, Speed-Six. I didn't have a blue 2.75" Speed-Six-until now, to add to my collection.

3)Keep looking and you will eventually find another Speed-Six to complete your collection. About two years ago, I attended a small local Gun Show-not expecting to find anything. However, as soon as I walked in the door-I couldn't believe my eyes-as there was an NIB 3" stainless Speed-Six-just waiting for me to snatch it up(And, I did!)! So, don't give up the ship too soon! You could very well get lucky-as I did!:)

floydster

I picked up this Speed Six about a month ago, like new condition.
Scheel's gun library.
Very accurate.
Smokeyloads:D

Attachments

• Scheel's gun library find 001.jpg
    Scheel's gun library find 001.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Scheel's gun library find 002.jpg
    Scheel's gun library find 002.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 155

Mr.RevolverGuy

Boa2 I will keep searching. You have ignited the flame again, I had began to get frustrated. I did see a speed six in 9mm a couple of weeks ago but the guy wasn't interested in selling. Well he had it for sale but had a $1000 dollar price tag on it. When I asked how much cold hard cash he would take for it the guy looked at me as if I was an alien and aggressively replied what does the price tag say. I get tired of you guys coming in here trying to rob us always looking for a deal.

I politely replied sorry to have been a bother to you. Little does he know he had a nice pre lock 629 for $575 my friend was getting ready to buy but after that exchange he put it back, and said the hell with this guy and we moved on to the next table. We both were so disgusted that my buddy actually purchased a 629 from another guy for $595 with box and papers.

That just really turned me off and sort of discouraged my chase to complete the stainless trio but after seeing yours it's on again :)