So, who here has jumped on the Beretta 81?

GeoJelly

Picked mine up earlier this month - it was a Select from AIM. Some slight edge wear around the trigger guard - and a pinhead-sized wear mark on one side of the grip tang. Also some very slight sharp-edge damage on the slide - Super Blue covered it but it's still visible. All in all - I'm tickled with it for $269 - and I'm happy with AIM's sales and customer service. Not sure I needed one but where else is a person going to get a gloss-blued 80's Beretta nowadays? Couple spots in the photo are just oil/dust smudges...

Another edit - forgot to mention I swapped the grips from my B84. Also noticed, after a couple of years of owning the 84, that the original owner swapped out the wood grips before selling it ... :(

OeC1kLk.jpg

Last edited:

DavidAGO

Jar and Garrett, I did not see your posts before I edited mine. thanks for your replies. I think it is going to be a pretty nice firearm, looking forward to breaking it in with a few hundred rounds.

If I could get lucky and get another one that looks unfired I would go ahead and buy another one. Cannot ever have enough .32.

David

Trooper Joe

Local dealer scores

My local dealer bought about 8 of them from DK. All are real nice. Has them on display for about $359 which is fair when you have no shipping or transfer fees,

Trooper Joe

IowaShooter

Here's the one I received from Classic Firearms last month (chambered in .32 ACP)

Now... To find more magsIMG_09102019_210519_(1000_x_563_pixel).jpg

Last edited:

Rob228

Never saw one until this thread.... A Beretta that both fits my hand and has a safety that goes in the proper direction is very tempting.

Ibmikey

My standard grade ($219) came from Aim and is every bit as nice as the unissued 84 I received from them a couple of years ago. I bought one of the modified mags from Robertson’s Trading Post and it functioned fine with the twelve .32’s I crammed into it.

hemiram

I finally bit on one, and paid extra for a pretty one. So I have a group, an 84BB, an 85, and a Browning BDA, and now the 81. Only one I'm missing is the .22.

Ibmikey

Quite honestly the Beretta 92s, 84BB and now the 81 that I have acquired are finely made pistols that are reliable beyond question. They are also in my opinion fat, big, unattractive and difficult to get a comfortable grip and these Beretta pistols sit in the safe while other more accommodating pistols are fired.

Ibmikey

Or got to post a photo of my 84 and 81, both from Aim:

Attachments

• 02E8FFDF-8A0C-48AC-99E2-FB2AA4BB7238.jpeg
    02E8FFDF-8A0C-48AC-99E2-FB2AA4BB7238.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 36

Ibmikey

Forgot to post photo of my Aim purchased pistols:

Attachments

• FDEEF625-843E-4DC0-A168-090277CF970E.jpeg
    FDEEF625-843E-4DC0-A168-090277CF970E.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 41

JFritz

I couldn't resist and got mine from Classic. It was the non-hand selected which made me a little nervous, but it arrived looking unfired and only couple small scratches on the grips and minor holster wear. I followed up with extra mags when they were announced too.

aarondhgraham

I succumbed to the temptation,,,

I succumbed to the temptation.

Earlier in this thread I stated that I would pass,,,
Even though I love the Cheetah guns.

But when I saw that Classic Firearms had them for $209.00,,,
As well as extra mags, I placed the order this morning.

I ordered two extra mags and with tax, shipping and such,,,
The total came to $327 and a bit of change,,,
Add $20.00 transfer and it's under $350.

I walked Wannenmacher's show all day Saturday and didn't spend a penny on guns,,,
So I have no guilt at all in buying this Italian beauty for myself,,,
Sunday the 17th is my 68th birthday,,,
I deserve a treat!

Sure hope I get a nice one.

Aarond

Last edited: