So much for Colts supposed 1911 superiority!

10mmAuto

Te Anau,
Good job trying to make your point by putting words in my mouth and then dismissing them. If that's your idea of debate, good for you. I said in my own post I thought they were stupid - for selecting a 1911 in the year 2012 to begin with. They even designed the entry criteria so that only 1911s would be tested. They don't want to spend money setting up a new logistical support system for another sidearm, so instead they're just going to keep wasting even more money on their existing type.

My problem with what you're saying is this.

This link just shows how stupid our government is and details the critical failures suffered by numerous Colt 1911's during recent evaluations.

I guarantee these weapons didn't break under the care of an armorer following a proper maintenance schedule, or they wouldn't have been selected. Ever heard of destructive testing? I suspect you haven't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destructive_testing

There is such a thing.

And also, my problem was with this
I doubt that my Taurus or Shooters Arms Manufacturing 1911's would have suffered the same fate.

It's clear here you have some kind of brand bias and you're trolling. If you're so confident in your weapons, shoot 10-15k rounds of 230gr ball in standard and +/+P+ pressures without cleaning it or changing the recoil spring and see what happens.

Too bad you werent shooting my Colt manufactured M16A2 when I was in the Army

I've shot a lot of M16A2s, only in the training environment as that's the only place you'll really find them anymore. Most of them are well beyond their expected service life for a lot of their major assemblies and likely the barrel as well - and I've never experienced a malfunction with one that wasn't magazine related. PMAGs or improved aluminum mags amend that problem. I never even had a malfunction with blanks because I kept that BFA cranked down tight. They've also definitely all been accurate and proven pretty durable.

Sure, it's too long to mount a vehicle with comfortably, and the trigger has a slightly different pull every time in semi because of the burst fire control group, but overall it is a pretty nice weapon and if I had to I'd stake my life on one. I think your problem is that you're a hater, not that Colt blows.

As a side note, I don't even own a Colt or like them (my 1911 and AR are both home built), but you're definitely way off base.

Last edited:

9mm

Was there any cleaning or maintenance during this 12,000 round test
I am thinking NO and probably all fired in the same few days or so out of one gun, frame overheated, put to the test to see whats its breaking point.