Small 1911s, for carry

lcpiper

I have a Kimber UC II, I'd be lying if I said I didn't notice the difference in felt recoil and sight alignment, it's there but it is both managable with practice.

That being said, the first thing I did was add a beveled mag well extension so the grip didn't dig into the palm too bad, and next I am adding night sights. So just make sure you have the sights on purchase, or the first time you are in moderately poor lighting or your target is dark you will be hoping you have alot of practice in and your aim is becoming a natural thing.

Of course I carry 14 ounces less steel on my hip and I like that alot. That's almost the weight of my wife's SIG P238.

Duckkkkk

Beautiful guns gentleman.....One and all.

The new Ruger got my interest in 1911's going, but the more I look, the more I'm finding out makes to do some deep research on.

I'm tapped out until late in the year anyway, but keep those beautiful pictures coming. I just love gun ****.:)

Don Glock

my EMP40 has been trouble free for about 700 rounds, all types of jhp's including ranger and hst. :)

Pic4145010.jpg

9x19

If you want a 9mm, get the EMP. If you want a .45, get a Defender.

I had an EMP in 9mm, but sold it in favor of my Defender in 9mm. I much prefer the full-dimensioned grip. My .45 is a Kimber Ultra Carry

lcpiper

Here is a little price run down on alot of good weapons. These are all 9mm versions but not all are M1911 styled. Price doesn't make the gun, I don't beleive anyone of the guys here that own a $1,200 gun would throw away a CZ85 or a SIG P226 :D

Over $1,000
Springfield EMP
Kimber Solo
STI Shadow

$800+
Colt Defender
Browning HiPower

$600+ (wide price ranges)
SIG P226 (No Ambi Safety, uses decocker)
CZ 85
Berretta 92FS

Not all of these come with ambi-safties, but most can be fitted with one, watch for night sights cause they can be expensive to add latter.

Last edited:

markj

Thats a nice one duckkk I did get a colt new agent paid 800 plus tax NIB at the last gun show. I saw others for over 900 so I grabbed it quick. Shoots great and the original colt mags fit it too.

HKFan9

I carry a SA Champion Operator. It is my favorite. The Kimber CDP and Supercarry are also very nice, as is the Ultra Covert.

Picture088.jpg

orionengnr

I have a 3" Kimber Ultra Carry that works 100% of the time with any ammo.
Wife had a 3" Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec that worked...with ball ammo, but had the worst trigger I have ever seen on a 1911. She now owns a 3" Kimber Ultra CDP, that works with any ammo.
I also owned two Springfield EMPs. Each made (at least) two trips back to Geneseo before going away.

All that said, these days I carry a Commander sized 1911 in either steel (Kimber) or alloy (Baer) frame.

Don Glock

^^there's no such thing as a 3inch milspec. She had a GI model, and true many have gritty/heavy triggers. They're SA's lowest price 1911's.:)

My EMP40 has been more reliable than my glocks.:)