Sig sauer p226 x-five as carry gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

TunnelRat

Yup I'm here all week.

Would I carry it? No, but I don't carry fullsize pistols. I carry IWB, not with a shoulder holster like you first mentioned. For me it's easy to carry compact sized pistols.

BigJimP

Good lord no ......I won't carry mine..../ I'd need suspenders about 4" wide.../ and I do have a holster for it - for some casual competition...and OWB scabbard style that Kramer leather made up for me ( it'll hold the X-Five or either one of my 226's that have rails on them )

http://thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86634&d=1359744729

Handguns - Nov 2009 006.jpg The top gun is the X-Five again ...and then a pair of all stainless 226's one in 9mm and one in .40S&W that I have as well.../ the double stack aspect of these guns - make them harder to carry than a full sized 5" 1911 ( which is what I do carry )...

My X-Five is their L-1 model ...and its in .40S&W ( holds 14 rds )...but it weighs about 55 oz with a full mag in it....

and I know my pictures are not very good ...so here is one out of the Sig catalog online...of the X-Five L-1 model

http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p226-x-five.aspx

Skans

Simple question, would you guys carry it (Sig X-Five)?

Not unless I absolutely had to. My X-Five is big and heavy and I'd have to figure out how exactly I could carry it concealed, which wouldn't be easy.

Also, its single action only, and I don't like SA for carry guns.

IMightBeWrong

I carry full sized pistols IWB all the time. The bulk and weight don't bother me much so long as I have a good holster and belt. We're all different, though.

BillyJack3

Looks like the OP has been simplified as far as the question goes but I can't imagine ever carrying my P226 concealed. Way to wide. Have to wait until open carry passes for that one to go to Walmart with me.

x-five

I don't carry any guns concealed, I carry them openly . I think that everyone around me needs to know that I have a gun, and I am not the one to mess around.

Skans

If I could open carry, I would love to carry my X-Five. It's a beautiful weapon! However, I don't think I would carry it every day for fear that my right leg would become overly developed.:D I'd just carry it on special occasions.

RC20

I don't carry any guns concealed, I carry them openly . I think that everyone around me needs to know that I have a gun, and I am not the one to mess around.

Of all the reasons to carry a gun that has got to be the worst.

EAJ702

Enjoy my X-5, but not for carry.

sig226x5t_03.jpg

SauerGrapes

A 5'' double stack? Ahh, no.
The only thing I would carry in 5'' is a 1911. Plus that thing is way too expensive to carry, IMHO.

SauerGrapes

It is not too expensive.

That depends on your definition of expensive.
I have a family and bills to pay. Yeah, for me, it's expensive on my salary. I carry an ex LE handgun. Came with custom holster wear and everything, and no break in period. :p

I just don't see the practicality of it. Unless your just looking to open carry a fancy handgun. [which seems to be the op's intent IMO.]

If you can afford one, more power to ya. Carry to your hearts content.

Status
Not open for further replies.