Show us your HD or "Tacti-cool" Shotgun Pics!

nimbleVagrant

^I keep a 12ga. coachgun in the closet for HD duty but it's hammered. I keep both barrels loaded with 00 buck, hammers down. I wouldn't feel comfortable keeping a hammerless shotgun loaded.

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
6X6, that's a good set of marks. It's getting good and slick, I bet.

As for retirement, working life of an 870 is about 250K shells. Yours has a way to go.

To everyone....

My HD 870 has a working weight nigh 9 lbs. I'm a big lout and still have a decent amount of strength. And LOTS of practice.

Still, Frankenstein, my overly publicized parts 870. with a curb weight of 7 lbs, is snake fast and nimble as heck. And I can carry it all day long.

MagnumWill

:eek: :eek:

My god Brigadier- That thing probably loads more AA batteries than shells! :p

I'm all about what Creeper said. I pulled that point sight off, because I figured that i'm looking at a red dot as opposed to a brass dot (that won't stick out or break). I might even pull the sidesaddle off if I convert it to an A1. I think all you need on a shotgun is a sling and a light, really. I tend to think you only need the gun at night, cause that's when your mind starts playing games on you :rolleyes:

Brigadier

My god Brigadier- That thing probably loads more AA batteries than shells!

I'm all about what Creeper said. I pulled that point sight off, because I figured that i'm looking at a red dot as opposed to a brass dot (that won't stick out or break). I might even pull the sidesaddle off if I convert it to an A1. I think all you need on a shotgun is a sling and a light, really. I tend to think you only need the gun at night, cause that's when your mind starts playing games on you

That is NOT my 930!! Mine looks like this:

standard.jpg

I think the other one belongs to Paul Blart.

nimbleVagrant

An HD shotgun doesn't even need a sling. Unless your livingroom is 10 acre trek a sling is at best a distraction, at worst, something to snag or get tangled up. I don't think I've ever seen a police issue shotgun with a sling.

Brigadier

Never lay a shotgun down. If it goes down in a fight[jam, breakage], a sling will let you transition to pistol and keep control of it.

doh_312

I put a sling on my shoty because it stays with me even if it jams or otherwise fails. If I lay it down because it fails or otherwise, and transition to my pistol, now the shoty is open for someone else to take. What happens if BG gets it and gets it working? Now I just armed my enemy with a stronger weapon. No thanks, the shoty stays with me.

Crosshair

I'm getting this one transferred to me in the very near future. Went out and shot it at the SOT's place last Friday. Contrary to looks, it is quite an effective weapon once you get familiar with it. 20 gauge 3" shells will be interesting, though might be a bad idea as the gun is VERY light. A Super Shorty feels like a 22 rimfire after shooting this.

20GaugeAOW.jpg

Will make a great overnight gun to pack with me for work. Hard to fit an 18" Ithaca 37 into the laptop bag I use for my overnight luggage.:rolleyes:

Amen

Remington 870 HD 18"bbl, +2 tube extender from the factory.

A sling just becasue it is a good thing to have.

I threw on a Knox stock for several reasons: 1)collapsable stock keeps the pull length down for the wife, 2)pistol grip, they just feel better to me, 3)recoil reduction for the wife.

I also added a bushnell holosight made for Remington shotguns. Pretty slick setup, just pop out your receiver pins and slide on. Only reason for that is that my HD gun is also my deer gun.

Next is going to be a surefire forend. THe only reason it has not come sooner is that I had a hard time putting an accesory on a gun that costs as much as the gun.

Brigadier

I put a sling on my shoty because it stays with me even if it jams or otherwise fails. If I lay it down because it fails or otherwise, and transition to my pistol, now the shoty is open for someone else to take. What happens if BG gets it and gets it working? Now I just armed my enemy with a stronger weapon. No thanks, the shoty stays with me.

Well said.

Cumminspwrd02

Heres my HD shotgun. It a Rem 870 Express and the only three thing I did to it are the ext mag tube (holds 7 rounds), the 20in slug barrel, and I refinished the stocks with tru-oil. It work perfect for me,. It resides next to the bed and is easy for my fiancee to operate.

pictures009.jpg

pictures011.jpg

MosesMosley

1k rounds a year? Piece of cake.....

Being a lefty I took the shell plate off of the stock and replaced the vertical foregrip with the one I had laying around that came on my old 870 from the factory, only thing I want at this point is a mounted light.

870.jpg