Show us your HD or "Tacti-cool" Shotgun Pics!

Steamboatsig

IMG_6609.jpg

IMG_6608.jpg

IMG_6610.jpg

Brigadier

I like that 11-87 Police. Nice and clean and simple.

Steamboatsig, how does that gun shoot with the sight so high from the bore axis?

6x6pinz

here are a couple of mine
Top one is a Safir T14 410 shotgun and the bottom is a Saiga 20 with folding stock and other extras.
100_2200-1.jpg

SkyKing1

Benelli M2 & Remington 870, about all you need to defend your house or property with, both with night sights....

Attachments

• all my guns 192.jpg
    all my guns 192.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 204

shortwave

about all you need to defend your house or property with
Throw in a pistol or five and a good watchdog then I`ll go along with that statement;). Wicked pictures, keep em coming

Last edited:

KC9LDB

Only used once, turned out to be a raccoon diggin in the garbage, didnt shoot him, just watched and laughed at my own paranoid moment
n718030172_5494837_7480.jpg

Ex Arizona PD. Mossberg 500 speedfeed everything, ghost rings I love it

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
I just went through this whole thread, again, and did not see a shotgun incapable of doing the job defense wise.

Some of those need more wear marks badly. please rectify.

And that's the crux.

There's way more good defensive shotguns than good defensive shotgunners.

If you spent more last year on adjustable stocks, Holographic/Boutique sights and other bling than on ammo and range fees, your priorities need re- examination.

Immediately....

If however, the number of shells you emptied last year runs well into 4 figures, stick anything you want on your shotgun.

Although, chances are if you did acquire a high round count, chances are your pet HD tool is rather simple and barebones.

Not that some of the addons lack merit, the best shotgunners tend to stick to the basics.

Creeper

Right there with ya' Dave McC, but... that's frequently the nature of the learning curve where male ego and a poor understanding of the realities of weapon control are the standards of the day.

Real combat and tactics is a vague thing for the majority of citizen/gun owners. Frequently, what you see on TV and movies, what you do in a video game is translated into what you think will happen in real life.
Nothing further from the truth of course, but you've got to be in it to understand it... or at least have it explained to you in terms you understand.

If everyone that owned a HD gun took a 3 day course from a pro, and shot 1K rounds a year or better in practice... we'd all be safer for it, and there'd be a lot less useless accessories on the market, fading away due to lack of interest.

Quite often it seems that the gun is bought... and then the interwebnet or "buddy" recommended farkles get added pending the first shooting session.

If said first shooting session is long enough, the owner smart enough, then some of them farkles come off... and the crap ones fall off of their own accord. ;)
Them what shoot little and own mostly... well, they end up with a 13lb shotgun that they can't even remember how to operate when they need to most.

Them what shoot frequently, and sometimes carry a shotgun for extended periods, find out that some of them less than practical farkles have no purpose but to add weight and/or become things that stick out and get in the way.

I think... and this is IMO of course, that them what stay in the game long enough (much like anything) learn soon enough that the further you deviate from the basic needs, the more likely you'll encounter problems.

• I need a light 'cause I live in the mountain foothills and there's no such thing as street lights 'round here... and damn, it's dark at night. Sometimes, it's just a bear or 'coon or other furry thing... no interest in plugging a critter.
  • I need a sling 'cause I live on three wooded acres and tend to wonder 'round.
  • I need 7-8 rounds all up, 'cause I was in a thing once about 35 years ago where I had 5-6 rounds... and it wern't enough to control the situation to my liking.
  • Big ghost rings, 'cause I'm a geezer with bad eyes.
  • A semi-auto, 'cause I got the tendinitis and the carpal tunnel... and pumping blows goats.
  • A Benelli, 'cause I trust 'em to go bang every single stinkin' time.
To paraphrase Matt Quigley... I really don't find a use for much else.

Christ... I wrote a lot of stuff. Most is pure crap of course. :p

Cheers,
C

6x6pinz

Dave McC
Posted the pic of my old 870 some time ago but if you like a shotgun with wear marks this is the one. I have been told it is time to replace it, but the very faithful service it has given me and continues to give me means something to me. Had it out just last weekend for some skeet shooting, it still has what it takes to get the job done.
Oh yeah the only accessory is the sling for when it gets to go chase game with me.
100_1991.jpg

100_1990.jpg

Creeper

Got a lot 'O lights and stuff stickin' out... don't it.

Them 930s are a touch on the muzzle heavy side for me... I'm guessing that ones a bit more than a touch on the heavy side.

C

Brigadier

Yeah, I like mine nice and simple. I'm debating a Mesa tactical 4 shell side saddle, but I like how it handles as is. I do have a metal safety button coming for it.

Creeper

I've got the MT 6 shell/1913 rail on my M2 right now... still debating with myself if it's going to stay on or not.
They recently improved the mounting system for Benelli, so it's not a reliability issue any more.

I've got the stock 5+1 magazine. Didn't really want to go with an extended magazine because I don't like muzzle heavy guns... but I got a good deal on a Nordic tube recently, so I'll try that.

It's going to be the shell holder or the mag tube, but not both. I like the shell holder because it's in the middle balance of the gun and other than the added weight, doesn't effect the handling. The Nordic tube... well, we'll see. ;)

Something to consider Brigadier... with a six shell, you can carry up to six... with a four, four is your limit, and the weight between the two is only a few ounces.
The eight shell... I guess there's a need, but it's just too much for my taste.

C

Brigadier

I have a Tac-Star 6-shell holder on my old Mossberg 600AT, and I don't like how when it's loaded the weight likes to rotate the gun counterclockwise.

My 930 is 4+1. I have 5 rds of 00 in a butt cuff, and 4 slugs on my sling. It is pretty balanced as is. I like how it handles.