semiautos by the look

simonrichter

hm, skimming through the posts, I'd conclude...

...the 1911 is by far the best looking semiauto for most people.

...whereas the High Point, the Jap Nambu Type 94 (which would be my entry as well) and, surprisingly, the Glocks are considered the worst looking pieces.

One must admit that the Glock is not fashionable designed, but it surprises me that such a popular gun is seemingly much despised in terms of appearance...

Gaerek

One must admit that the Glock is not fashionable designed, but it surprises me that such a popular gun is seemingly much despised in terms of appearance...

I love my Glock, but it ain't winning any beauty contests anytime soon. :p

deepcreek

Best - 1911 followed by Beretta 92

Worst- Glock- High piont

I like a handgun that has curves and a few aesthetic features. Glocks look like someone cut a chuck out of a 2x6 then painted it black.

aarondhgraham

JMHO,,,

Best looking: Any Beretta open top but in particular the Model 85 Cheetah.

allesia.jpg

Worst looking: Hi-Point.

Aarond

KMAX

Best looking: (1) BHP, (2) 1911, (3)CZ75B
Ugliest: (1) Glock, (2) Hi Point

it looked like a cordless drill with a huge battery pack.

I just knew I couldn't be the only one that saw the resemblance of the Hi Point to a cordless drill!:D

745SW

The ones I particularly like by looks are:

P08 Luger 4”
Automag 44/357 magnum
S&W 945
S&W745
S&W 952
Walther P99 (original)
High Standard Victor 5.5”
Beretta 70/71 6”

Ones I particularly don’t like the looks:

Walther PPQ
HK (polymer versions only)

Walther is interesting because of the rather dramatic change over the years. Since the P5, P88 and P99 Walther placed a good deal of effort in aesthetic appeal. Then comes along the PPQ with virtually no appeal.:eek: The P99 went through a number of changes, not a good thing IMO.

Last edited:

Cheapshooter

simonrichter' I don't want to steal your great thread idea, sosince revolvers have been mentioned here, why don't you start a similar thread in the revolver forum. I've got a couply uglies in mind begging to be listed! Rhi..........No, I'll wait for your revolver thread.:D

Eppie

So, judging ONLY by the visual appearance, what is your favorite semiauto and what is the worst piece to your taste?

Best: 1911 Colt Gold Cup Trophy(Faith), Springfield Long Slide(Hope), Taurus 9mm (Love)
attachment.php

Worst: Walther PPQ

Last edited:

TailGator

I love the look of the Beretta 92. BHPs and nice 1911s are right up there. Just something about the lines and curves of the Berettas, though.

Eppie

Constantine

Constantine,

There I did it, so when my wife calls, you'd better take responsibility like a man.:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 256

power5

Best: 92fs, BHP, 1911 are all beautiful. Look like guns should.

Worst: obviously the Hi Point. Nothing else looks as bad. Doesn't make them bad guns for their intended design.