semiautos by the look

simonrichter

There's a lot of talk about triggers, calibers, sizes etc. here. Now I come up with quite a silly question, which is, on a second thought, not so silly at all, since the technical specifications of different makers and guns seem to get more similar with every new generation of guns (in the same way it appears to be with cars...).

So, judging ONLY by the visual appearance, what is your favorite semiauto and what is the worst piece to your taste?

BarryLee

I guess for me my all around favorite would be the 1911. I know it’s not too original and may to be a little old school, but at the end of the day nothing looks better. As for worst I don’t know maybe a Jennings/Jimenez or something like that.

BigJimP

Best Looking: .....an all stainless 1911 in 5" with some nice Cocobolo wood grips on it !

Most Ugly : ....anything Glock makes :D ...( or anything poly frame for that matter !) ...chuncky, blocky looking things ...with no character !

Best looking? 1911 or BHP or any SIG P series.

I'm going to have to agree with this statement.
Worst: Walther PPQ...ugliest damn gun on the planet...uglier than a Glock.

It's like a Hi-point and Hk had too much tequila and made some bad judgement calls.

I bought one to see what all the fuss was about. Didn't get it. Gave it to my best friend as his first gun.

Last edited:

Kreyzhorse

By far, the 1911 is the best looking semi auto ever made.

There are lots of ugly guns, but the Taurus TCP ranks at the top.

Flashover2011

I'm with a lot of the guys on here.

Love Any 1911: especially the new SIGs

HATE any Glock: way too boxy and feel like toys in my hand.

As far as reliability goes, glock is still at the top though :/

sir_n0thing

Looks alone, hard to beat a nice 1911. :)
Ugly? PLENTY of ugly guns out there. I personally feel there are more ugly handguns than handsome ones. Glocks come immediately to mind. :eek:
(I like shooting Glocks, just don't like looking at them!)

Lamar Jr

For best looking semi-auto I have to vote for the Walther PPK. Beautiful clean sweeping lines.

Ugliest common semi-auto is the Beretta 92FS.

Last edited:

KyJim

The 1911 followed very closely by a Walther PPK. Maybe the PPK is a generational thing due to the earlier James Bonds.