SCCY 9MM

Gruney

Inspired by the P11

Like those movies that aren't exactly a "true story". LC9 and SCCY are both copies of the P9/11 but that's KelTec's issue for not getting any patents.

I was seriously considering P11 vs. CPX2, and the re-engineered version got consistently good reviews. Biggest advantage of CPX2 is stainless slide and barrel. Sweat is an issue with carry guns, so stainless is good.

P11 has 12 rd mags available and can use S&W Gen 3mags, although they are getting hard to find. P11 can have an issue with the spring popping out of the groove in the frame.

I held them and there wasn't enough space between the trigger and the front of the trigger guard for my big finger. SCCY faithfully copied this feature. It's polymer, make the trigger guard a little bigger. It will cost maybe a penny.

Gruney

KelTec not patentable

I thought that George Kellgren's designs were considered very innovative. I would have thought there was something there that was new. Kahr got a patent on the offset feed ramp, which doesn't seem like much.

Maybe his Swedish background didn't emphasize patents, or he just didn't want to go through the time and expense.

Remington patented the Walker trigger,so maybe it's better that GK concentrated on making something that works safely.