Scandalous photo: twoblink kisses Betty (large graphics)

HKguy9

Never put firearms on the beds or sofas because people come crashing onto them without looking ;) Ooops that was for musical instruments.

Betty

After the last gathering, I spoke to Oleg about inventing some kind of portable rifle rack that I could assemble in the hallway, something that would unfold accordion-like. I can create one out of 2x4's, but I'd like to save space when I store it. Saw a "roto-rack" in Shotgun news, but it only fit about 12 guns. Oooh, wow, a whopping 12 guns. One guest alone totes in that much!

sm

humm, runt's "rack and stack"

runt,
I am looking at my folding bookrack, I think if you removed the top and second shelf, it would work. 30"l x 38"h x12"d. To store, lift shelves up sides fold in and it stores flat. Target-- "misson style" IIRC $30.00. You would just need to afix something removable to hold the butts and bbls. I'm Thinking something that would just "hang" onto top and back of bottom shelf--maybe those white wire storage rack thingees would adapt. Unless you just cut the slots out of the shelves and padded, worthless for books---books go on floor--one must take care of priorities.

re1973

Good idea, adapting a folding bookshelf.

You could use rubber shelf liner for the base and back to keep the guns from sliding about. Cut 2 pieces to the same length then lay one piece on the bottom shelf and drape the other over the back.

Regards

Jim V

A large number of those rifles appeared to be of military origin, correct? Military rifles take bayonets, correct? Ergo, attach bayonet, and pointy end goes down. :p Sort of like the scenes in the war movies where the dead have their rifles bayoneted into the dirt above their resting spot. (You may have to refinish the floor more often that way however.)

Coronach

You know you're at a gun nut gathering when...

Its considered polite to have thought of a way to store your guests' long guns.

"You can throw your coats on the bed in the guest bedroom, and your rifles in the rack in the hallway."

:D

Mike

sm

folding rack...

... thanks, I sent runt_ a link to pic, similar to mine. perhaps she can post it.

Actually, looking at mine, it would be easy to build, wood and hinges...

I can hear an anti now."Oh goodness, you don't properly entertain do you". [Reply] " why yes we do, shooting range out back, gun racks over there, safe area with cleaning suppplies behind me here..."

LoneStranger

ROTL,
I believe that you have made a claim in the past that your family had some relationship with a hardware store. If so, what you should look for is some type of coil spring. If you stretch it the space between the coils should be adeqoute(sic) to stick barrels in. Then all you have to look at is how to anchor the ends.

The wall anchors would be movable and the spring would collapse when not in use.

Sorry, I can't give better specs account I am not able to get to hardware store at this time.

Betty

LoneStranger, Now there's an idea. Yep, dad owns a hardware store, so I can get my hands on most anything. This gun rack needs to hold at least...hmm....30 guns. At least. :D

I'm sure between TFL and my dad and brother's hardware ingenuity, we can come up with something that works.

re1973, if you emailed the link, it's to my work addy, so I'll see it first thing tommorow morning. Thanks!

Bogie

Make sure you coat the spring with some of that rubber stuff that folks use on hand tool handles...

Hmmm... Could be a kewl picture...

Betty

Oooo! (small light bulb shines on)
We've got this thick strong aluminum wire that's already plastic coated and is conveniently spiral packaged - it's really cool because with the coating it looks translucent metallic blue!

dZ

take a torch to a garage door spring

heat a strip across the length till it glows

attach end to vice

yank

plasti dip

and wah la!

the TFL bouncing betty gun rack

:cool:

sm

dz wrote:
and wah la!

the TFL bouncing betty gun rack

LOL

Ok Betty, when you get rich and famous and in the likes of persons responsible for "post it notes' and "nightlights" -don't forget your TFL buds...

'nuther thought(not that an anti would visit) "Goodness! what is that? " [reply] "umbrella rack...err umm we and our friends collect umbrella's..."

aikidoka - mks

Now that is a party :D

I agree that the pic of runt is a better ad then bikini clad women who dont know anything about a weapon.

So no handguns at this party?

Mark

sm

Hanguns? Oh didn't ya know? Part of the Party consists of guessing how many your guests are concealing( blades too). IIRC runt greeted guests with 6 one time, forgot how many blades tho.

Can you imagine the response of a HCI person getting after ringing the door bell and identifying themselves?

:D

priceless

twoblink

I think the rifles had Kaylee's gun cases and mine as a floor stop. When we went out, they sat next to the water heater tank.

What I wanted to know was what the neighbors were thinking.

"Hey Phil, there's another guest walking in them there house; and they got a few of those long cases as well...":eek:

Hanguns?? PLEASE. The house was much more well armed then the French Army or the New Zealand Airforce.

HKguy9

If I came over, instead of bringing over lots of $1000 rifles, I would have one $1000 rifle with another $1000 of tactical doohickeys hanging here and there :D

TACTICALLITY not QUANTITY ;)

Lord Grey Boots

The spring coil would have to be say 2" in diameter and strong enough to not sag too much, but loose enough to give a 1-2" gap when stretched.

I forecast Betty finding herself at one end of a long spring under tension and losing her footing.

Ballistics test question:

Betty weighs 92 lbs soaking wet.

She is holding onto a spring undertension, loaded up 300 lbs of force.

a) How far will Betty fly when she looses her footing?

b) How far will Betty bounce?

Last edited:

sm

Gotta re-figure the weight. She has been known to conceal 10 guns (instead of 6). need to add ammo and blades, and goodness knows what else she has for "back-up" ;)