Saw a Glock 21 kB! today

RON in PA

I have 5 Glocks, 4-9mms and one 45 and thus 5 Glock manuals. All 5 manuals have the caviat about using only factory ammo, but no statement about lead bullets. Does anyone know if any of the calibers that Glock chambers for are available in factory loads with lead bullets. I would suggest not and that is why Glock does not specifically mention lead.

Ed Brunner

I'm confused, so what else is new? I have to agree that if "no lead" were that important, Glock would be shouting it from the roof tops and printing it on every printed page they produce. It should not be necessary to call the factory and get someone's personal opinion.
But, then again, I don't own a Glock.

dustindu4

Okay this post has gotten way off topic but just to give an update on what happened in the original post. The guy sent his busted gun to Glock and they checked it out. The slide and barrel were OK and all they did was slap a new frame on it and charged him $48 and he got it back good as new.

9x45

There are 2 kinds of shooters on this thread,... those that have blown up Glocks, and those that will blow up Glocks! Personally, I have blown up a G34 with an aftermarket barrel and plated bullets (a Federal case, by the way).
The lead thing? I have a G21 with about 80,000 lead rounds thru it. The first 5,000 or so with the factory barrel, until I noticed the BULGE. WHOA, went to a Bar-Sto immediately.
Using lead bullets deposits lead at a much greater rate than copper, either plated or jacketed. So, the same number of lead rounds will reduce the 'effective bore diameter' at a faster rate than copper. Ok, well, so pressure is not a first order response to bore diameter reduction. In other words, a slight diameter reduction could lead to a 5 to 10 times pressure increase, and therefore, KB!
Of course Glock would say any non new factory ammo could void the warranty. And they are positively correct about American Ammo!!!