S&W aficionados post a pic of your all time favorite.

savit260

Gotta be honest here. I like my Smiths quite well, and that 19-4 is a real honey, but the pointability of the Colts is better for me, and once accustomed to the Colt trigger, they are every bit as sweet, if not sweeter than a good S&W. There's also no contest in the fixed sight revolvers. The Colt sights are much easier to see. My old Army Special sees lot's of holster time, and the Cobra does pocket duty ;)

Maromero

S&W 629-1 "Classic Hunter" with non-fluted cylinder, 6" full-lugged barrel. If you don't like the caliber you can opt for 10mm, .357 or .41.

BillCA

This is easy...

M58B_1019M.jpg

Life is good when you own a Model 58 .41 Mag M&P.

It's even better when you own two of them! :D
M58x2SW_1032S.jpg

Did you see the news?
S&W is now making Model 58's again! SKU 150500.
See the news here

Whoopie!

nate45

BillCA said:
It's even better when you own two of them!

Hey! Thats no fair having a nickel Model 58.:cool: Very, nice. As a matter of fact, all of your Smiths are very nice.

savit260 said:
I like my Smiths quite well, and that 19-4 is a real honey, but the pointability of the Colts is better for me, and once accustomed to the Colt trigger, they are every bit as sweet, if not sweeter than a good S&W.

I think it all depends on which Smith, or Colt it is and I don't mean just the Model. I had a blue 4 inch Trooper Mk III when I was young that had the silkiest smooth DA action pull I've every felt. Smoother than the Python I just recently traded to a friend, than a Diamondback I once owned and even a 4 inch Nickel Trooper Mk III that I tried to replace the blue one with, after I foolishly traded it off, it was even slightly better than my 29-2 with the 'T' action job.

I'll tell you with all sincerity though, that the DA pull on my 1956 6.5 inch .44 Magnum is unreal, I wish all of my fellow revolver lovers here could hold it and pull the trigger, it shoots great, looks great and from those original goncalo alves grips, to the perfect blueing, to the silky smooth action it is super nice. Those early .44 Magnums were put together like custom guns and may well represent Smith and Wesson's finest effort.

attachment.php

First year of production, S&W .44 Magnum, shipped in July 1956.

View attachment 42248

Attachments

• pre29-a.jpg
    pre29-a.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 2,910

Webleymkv

The S&W that is nearest and dearest to my heart is my M28-2. It was the first revolver I ever owned and I shoot it better than any other handgun I've ever tried. If I ever had to fight for my life with a handgun, there is none that I would trust more than this one.

BuffaloSabresGame054.jpg

Jimbo-Indy

Gotta go with my new baby. Had a 686 about 20 years ago, 8 3/8" with 4 position front sight. Had to sell to pay medical bills. Have been locking for a replacement for years. Then, one day in a local gun shop this showed up:
NewPictures12-08001-1.jpg

686-3 Performance Center "Hunter", #180 out of 200 made. The old ache is gone.

18DAI

+1 on the 3" 66. I just picked up my second 3" 66 Saturday. This one is a 66-2, to go with my RSR 3" 66-4.

Great do everything revolvers. Regards 18DAI.

LUPUS

My all time favorite SW revolver is the 3'' Model 66. Definitely.
But the one you see below is the only one in my hands, period.

ch47gunner

beat-up Model 19-3

Probably this one, for now.

An old beat-up Model 19-3. The holster is also an old beat-up H.H. Heiser.

I was going to have the gun refinished but, changed my mind when I thought about how freaked out I'd get if it got dinged.

Bruce

Smith & Wesson Model 19-3 4"
DSC_0345.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

Ozzieman

Being a 44 Special NUT :D I picked this up last year and it has become my favorite S&W.

Last edited: